RIP Frank Carpenter AKA fcarpcarp ;-(

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by w1jim, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Mister Pig

Mister Pig Pigamus Maximus Subscriber

Saddened to read this. Never knew Frank, but its a bad day when a good soul leaves this planet. We need as many of them here with us in these times as we can get. The word is a bit dimmer now.

Regards
    Mister Pig

Retroman98 likes this.
  2. SPL db

SPL db It's all about the music! Subscriber

So sorry to hear of this... RIP Frank

3. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

I never had to do with him but it always hurts to hear when one of us had to leave the stage of life. May he rest in peace.

4. mark warren

mark warren Always Learning!

R I P Frank. :(

5. Mowgli

Mowgli Runs with scissors Subscriber

Peter used to run a laser engraving business in that same building as Frank's shop.
    He is trying to help Frank's family to deal with Frank's possessions.
    He'd like to have a final Frankenfest at Frank's shop on September 16 if at all possible.
    Frank's family doesn't know what to do with his electronics and thinks it would be better off in AK'ers' hands than in a dumpster.
    I'm not an organizer so if someone would be gracious enough to help Peter please PM me for his info.

audiodon likes this.
  6. w1jim

w1jim I can fix it but good... Subscriber

I talked about this with another member of the group.
    If the family wants to maximize their return then they should hire a professional auction company to sell off the shop equipment and the stereo gear. We could help publicize the event and we could attend.
    On the other hand if they just want to find a new home for the gear we could all go down there and pay what we can afford.
    It wouldn't be a regular type of fest since it would be focused on selling Frank's gear and not the regular swap type meet.

Please convey this to Peter.

7. ra.ra

ra.ra Super Member

Very sad to hear of this news. Most of my small handful of audio contacts were developed thru events hosted in Clinton at Frank's place, and the entire mood of those gatherings was always established by Frank's welcoming, generous, and gracious personality. A truly interesting person and a very kind soul - - he will be sorely missed.

8. Todd MacDona

Todd MacDona AK Subscriber Subscriber

I am very sad to hear this today,
    Goodbye Frank, I always enjoyed our conversations.

9. wajobu

wajobu Boing Boom Tschak Subscriber

It's always sad to hear of the passing of a member of the AK family. RIP, Frank.

10. onwardjames

onwardjames Hoardimus Maximus Subscriber

I cannot state it any better than this. RIP, and all the best to his family in this time.

11. steph_gaynor

steph_gaynor AK Subscriber Subscriber

Very sad about this. RIP. He was the host with the most --

most excellent old mill building for our Franknfests
    most excellent giant Altecs
    most excellent giant Concept receivers
    most excellent taste in music
    most excellent talents in audio and carpentry
    most generous heart to put up with us all these years!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    Retroman98 likes this.
  12. UFester

UFester AK Subscriber Subscriber

Gee whiz, I am going to miss Frank and in particular all of that "fierce independence"!!! (See his obituary: http://www.philbincomeaufh.com/book-of-memories/3067634/Carpenter-Franklin/obituary.php ). My house is graced with his fine handiwork (2 bathroom remodels and the most beautiful cherry woodwork in 5 closets' custom shelving. A true craftsman. To say nothing of his treasure trove of knowledge, of all things technical, mechanical, electronic, machining, woodworking, and audio, fired with relentless creativity and innovation. Who else cnc machines complex curved railing parts? To say nothing of all those fun Frankenfests, of which I attended all too few. Rest in Peace, brother, we will miss you. Deepest sympathies to his family, Jeri in particular, so sorry for your loss.

The funeral home website has the visiting hours and funeral listed for Sept. 9th. Alas I will be in New York for the Pete Townsend/Billy Idol Quadrophenia show at the Met. (Hopefully Frank gives me a pass!) If there is a final "fest" the following weekend, I am glad to help out.

-Hugh

steph_gaynor, AdamAnt316 and Mowgli like this.
  13. Audiofreak71

Audiofreak71 Well-Known Member

I didn't know him but he was one of us, always sad to hear something like this, may he rest in peace.

Audiofreak71

14. gigbyt

gigbyt Bikes putaway, HIFI time! Subscriber

awe this sucks to hear ,Frank was truly one of the good folks, I will sorely miss him.
    R.I.P. Frank and thanks for all the great memories. The Fests will not be the same without him.
    Heartfelt Condolences to his family, thank you for lending him to us for all those Frankenfests, both at your home and the Shop.

15. mhardy6647

mhardy6647 AK Subscriber Subscriber

The obituary link sounds like Frank :)

Retroman98 likes this.
  16. toups

toups Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this. Missed the last Frankenfest but had met Frank at a few previous ones. He was gracious and gracious enough to host a set of truly enjoyable gatherings.

17. stupidhead

stupidhead aka Ratdogheads Subscriber

sad news. I went to the last fest specifically to say thanks and good bye to this kind guy.

18. steph_gaynor

steph_gaynor AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thank you Uncle Fester for posting the obit. I had not been able to find it when I searched last week.

19. John in MA

John in MA Respect the gamba tuba Subscriber

Very sad to hear the news. Frank was a good man, as well as being my introduction to AK fests. That rainy October party in 2009. AK won't be the same without the beard and hat.

20. imglocked

imglocked AK Subscriber Subscriber

I just saw this...RIP and Godspeed brother!
    I met Frank at the first, and sadly, only Frankenfest I attended. The schedule and family obligations were always at odds with the Fests.
    But that meeting left a lasting impression on me, one of a genuinely good soul, a man who took pride in his work, had a passion for his interests and a true caring for his friends and family. To say he will be missed is an understatement for sure, but he SURE will be missed.

Retroman98 likes this.