RIP Frank Carpenter AKA fcarpcarp ;-(

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by w1jim, Aug 22, 2017.

1. C6Bill

C6Bill AK Subscriber Subscriber

Agreed

[​IMG]

Retroman98 likes this.
  2. Spikedart

Spikedart what's on my mind

That Rainy Fest was my first introduction to this fine group of people as well. After that one ended, Frank and I finished cleaning up and we stood in the living room, cranking out the great collection of tunes that Mark Hardy left for us. I have had the pleasure of spending time over these last couple years with his family as well and sure as hell will miss him.

3. motorstereo

motorstereo the wonder of it all Subscriber

That was a memorable one at Franks home Bill and I'm glad I was there as well. Sadly Beemer whom entertained us during that rainfest with his big dj rig hasn't been heard from in years.

4. mhardy6647

mhardy6647 AK Subscriber Subscriber

That's a great picture of Frank! I am borrowing a copy.

5. C6Bill

Feel free, I have some older shots on another drive I'll look through tonight. Not sure if I have any of Frank in there or not but i will check.

6. Spikedart

John, you used to take a bunch of pix from previous Fests. If you can find some of Frank at these gatherings, could you either post them or send them to me at spikedart@gmail.com. Jeri Ann is looking to compile some of the pix from years of Frank to use at the memorial next week. I can print them out. Or anyone else, if they have some. Thanks.

7. Northwinds

Northwinds Huh? Turn what down? Subscriber

RIP Brother, thank you for all you have done

8. C6Bill

9. John in MA

John in MA Respect the gamba tuba Subscriber

Will do. I'll see what I have that's uniquely Frank-ish.

I want to say that video was from around 2012? I can't recall his name but the blue sweatshirt was the guy who brought DJ equipment to the first few fests. Other oldtimers here will know who that is. I haven't seen him in a long time.

10. C6Bill

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  11. WhiteSE

WhiteSE Is Lute Gluten Free?? Subscriber

Another star joins the Audiokarma Firmament

12. steelglam

steelglam AK Subscriber Subscriber

This is really sad news. Now I am really kicking myself for not getting to the last FrankenFest so that I could see Frank one last time.

As a semi-regular, fellow FrankenFest attendee, I have had the great pleasure of knowing Frank, talking to him about many things audio, and attesting to his graciousness and kindness as the host of our local audio fests for what, a decade now? RIP, Frank.

13. motorstereo

motorstereo the wonder of it all Subscriber

OMG That's Beemer. One of the most knowledgeable fellows to ever play the vintage audio game. Sadly no one has heard from him in years since he became gravely ill and moved south

14. Spikedart

After speaking with Beemer's wife about his health about 3-4? years ago, Frank said she didn't think he was long for this world. I went to Beemer's house in Gardener maybe 7 years ago and listened to the huge line arrays he had installed. He wanted to prove to me that expensive cabling was worth the $$. One of the last times I saw him.

15. Spikedart

C6Bill, those are some great pix. I'm up in Maine with a really good printer and will print out some of these, along with one Adam sent me the other day. Damn, seeing my bald-ass head in one of those shots. thank you!

16. C6Bill

Better your bald-ass head in those than mine LOL

Spikedart likes this.
  17. 91r100gs

91r100gs Lunatic Member

18. Spikedart

Thanks everyone who sent me photos from our fests. I am able to print out more for perhaps 2 more days, so if you have one from previous times, I will print and give to Jeri Ann for Frank's memorial on Saturday. Those who are able to attend the service are welcome to their house afterwards at 405 Langen Rd. Lancaster, MA 01523.

19. Spikedart

It would be nice if folks could mention if they are attending the memorial service this Saturday. Jeri Ann is setting up their house for a reception of sorts after the funeral and having a rough idea of how many folks will be attending would be a really good thing. Thanks, everyone.

20. Spikedart

paul.jpg
    This is Paul after he moved. Unsure of the date, but it looks like a wedding or graduation party.