RIP Larry Coryell

I saw him a couple of times here from up front in a small club. Remarkable. One of my favorite records is "Two for the Road - Coryell and Khan", from the late 70's. If you're a Coryell fan and see it, grab it.

Another real loss for jazz fans everywhere.
I sure hope there is some new comparable talent coming up, but I have to wonder if we'll live to see the like again.

One of the very first records to introduce me to jazz was a Larry Coryell album. Sad day...

Wow. We pressed many Larry Coryell CD releases where I used to work. Great stuff. I always looked forward to seeing his master tapes come in. I loved proofing the new releases. Larry will be missed. R.I.P.

RIP Larry. You were a great player and a nice guy. Discovered him during college doing fusion. Lost track of him during some early career years then got back into music 25 years ago when a friend turned me onto his blues playing. His duo album with Emily Remler blew me away as did later trio work, couple of live CDs from Seattle, a solo acoustic recording and others.
I saw him in concert in Hawaii about 10 years ago and he was smoking on both electric and acoustic. Got to talk to him afterwards and just a nice friendly guy.
He will be missed.

6a00e008dca1f0883401b7c8ea95ce970b-800wi

Back
Top Bottom