RIP Peter Tork

I remember watching the original show and then the reruns after school... RIP, Mr. Tork.

George Harrison & Peter Tork . . .

4697541_orig.jpg

This hurts. Was a teen in '66 I loved "Your Auntie Grizelda" and "Shades of Gray" & “Can You Dig It”. His piano work on "Daydream Believer" was magic.

So sad...

I did Stepping Stone at Karaoke tonight as a dedication to Peter Tork,a roommate of Neil Young in Laurel Canyon. R.I.P.

Big Monkey's fan as a snot-nosed kid in the late 60's. I hate seeing all these guy's and gal's passing on. That means I have moved up another notch in the queue and my world just got a little bit smaller. Rest in peace Mr. Tork. :(

I heard this morning, (on NRP), that Steven Stills was turned down for the job and recommended Peter. Funny how life works.

R.I.P.

If there's a bright side to this, it's that we all get a chance to drag out words like "groovy" and "bummer" ...

Peter and Michael, the musical talents of the band. They both wanted the Monkees to be a 'real' band and they did so for 2 albums. Then, that stopped and it really bothered Peter. He was a musician and wanted the Monkees to remain as the musicians but it wasn't in the cards, so he bought out his contract and left the group. A great piano/organ player and could hold his own on guitar, bass and banjo as well. RIP Peter Tork.

Back
Top Bottom