RIP..the girl in my avatar

brian222

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Taken this morning. Could barely walk due to cancerous tumors that got worse in about 2 weeks. Was having no part of amputation which was the only guaranteed cure. Got her from Michigan Lab Rescue in 2006. Such a sweetheart. She will be missed. 2004-2017.

Last edited:
You are your pet's go-to guy, the problem-solver. The vet can walk away after the operation's over. You don't have that luxury. I'm sorry about your loss. I think you made the right decision, for what it's worth.

Those Labradors are like family members & ALWAYS happy to see their master/food,...I've had a couple and the same got them, too.

Cancer sux. I feel your loss.

It's been just over a month since we had to put Max down - same Lymphoma in his neck and legs. Vet looked at him and said, "It's time."

Hard to do, but better than seeing him suffer.

Maybe she and Max can pal around.:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your friend. I had to make the same difficult call for my 15 year old, Oreo, in July. She likewise had tumors growing everyone, and was getting weaker and weaker. Over a weekend she finally just "dropped" and on Monday AM knew it was time. Called my adult kids over to say good bye and we all were with her when the vet gave the final injection.

I still miss her dearly.

Here she is in her final ride to the vet. Looked pretty healthy and peaceful in this final picture, but she was not doing well in reality.

Attachments

• 9806.jpeg
    9806.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 33
Sorry for your loss.
118763d388f842b32eebfce6ce06bfda--dog-poems-dog-quotes.jpg

Sorry to hear about your loss. Fought hard to not get another pooch, but gave into my wife. So we have a new little guy - at least she’s at peace now.

Back
Top Bottom