RMAF Rocky Mountain Audio Fest October 5-7, 2018 - who is going?

While I'm disappointed not to have made it this year (and that's an understatement), next year will be booked for sure. Can wait to get back!

Overall, the event was very well attended. The Macintosh room had a very complete system that drew quite a crowd. My favorite room was probably PS Audio's, because I got to speak a bit with owner Paul and listen to Arnie Nudels last speakers (the room sounded great as well). Their own new speaker line will not be out until next year's show. The Technics room was pretty cool too as I hadn't seen any of their new stuff in person. There seemed to be a war among manufacturers as to who could offer the largest mono amps. Some would need a forklift to move around. I came away lusting for Boulder amps though...just amazing stuff. Interestingly the La Scala IIs were driven by a small tube amp....to extreme levels. Very efficient and beautiful (matched veneers....proudly crafted in the USA). Focal speakers appeared in many rooms. I can say that all of them sounded amazing and I came away with a new appreciation for that brand. In the Mark Levinson room they had a couple JBL L100 speakers. I thought they were vintage until it was explained they released a new version of these waffle-grilled classics this year (hard to keep up). Cool man! The hotel though is a mess. They are remodeling (still) but it really needs to be scraped and rebuilt. It's no place to exhibit such incredible equipment.

Last edited:
I must have missed a memo and didn't realize the venue is moving for next year. Anyone know where?

The new dates for RMAF will be the first full weekend in September, the 6-8. "
That works out better for me, as the last two weeks in Sept and first two in Oct overlap when I usually take a longer trip out west.

The new venue looks very accommodating for RMAF. What I've heard is that attendance may have been a little light here and there, but it's certainly not on its deathbed as some have said in the past.

@DC, I don't know if you'd heard about it, but AXPONA had wanted to change the date to later in the year (starting in 2020), and officially made the announcement. Then they walked it back after so many vendors complained.

Back
Top Bottom