Road rage gone wrong

How about "Idiot crosses double yellow, encroaches on motorcycle, triggers chain reaction"? Not giving the biker a pass but the car started it.

I wonder if the car was just there and the motorcyclist didn't like the car moving so slow then kicked the car startling the driver causing the chain reaction.

I could see where it looks as if the car was trying to take out the motorcyclist or least giving him a scare then losing control.

For me it is hard to say without seeing what lead up to the altercation.

Yeah, they played that clip on one of the local TV news shows last night.
But the very beginning where the car comes over after the motorcycle has been trimmed,
so what shows starts just before the biker kicks the car door, and the news show acted like the whole thing was the biker's fault.
I don't ride anymore, but I have to say, kicking a car is a great way to find what a smashed bug feels like -
you don't tend to win arguments with a car ...

My wife saw a longer version of the video yesterday where it was more obvious the car came at the bike at the beginning, the kick was the biker's reaction to the car's aggression.

The motorcycle is in the
carpool lane and initiated the reaction with assault and intent to cause harm.

The biker will be arrested and charged with multiple charges when found and will most likely also be sued as being responsible for all injuries and damage.

If someone would have died as a result the biker would also be facing manslaughter charges.

More mindlessness.

Last edited:
We do not know what happened a few minutes/miles before what is shown in the video.

Just based on the video posted, the car is moving toward the motorcycle. It is possible that the cyclist might have thought that the car was going to force him into the wall and he just wanted to get the attention of driver of the car. Maybe the cyclist could have slowed down quickly and let the car go ahead of him or maybe not.

There are too many unknown variables to make blanket statements.

"Apparently ..."
The motorcycle is in the
carpool lane and initiated the reaction with assault and intent to cause harm.
The biker will be arrested and charged with multiple charges when found.
More mindlessness.

Seems all that is out there now is the edited video, showing the "evil biker" storyline ...
But its REALLY HARD for a bike to "win" an argument with a car ...
What I see is that after the kick, the car tried to smash the bike into a retaining wall,
apparently over reacted, he hit the wall and drove back into the main traffic lines at speed
(with the gas pedal apparently mashed down), crashing into the truck and other vehicles.
They interviewed the truck driver who had lacerations to his head but was glad to be alive.

Last edited:
There is audio out there from the people who actually filmed the altercation, they stated the car cut the biker off, then some jawing back and forth between them is what prompted them to start filming.

They say the motorcycle was originally to the right-hand side of the car, splitting lanes. The car cut him off to make a lane change and motorcyclist kicked the passenger side door.

I see multiple fouls here.

1. Motorcyclist was tailgating vehicle.
2. Motorcyclist kicked vehicle.
3. Motorist swerved into motorcyclist which can be seen as assault with deadly weapon.
4. Motorist lost control of vehicle and crashed into another vehicle.
5. Motorcyclist left the scene of accident.

Some will fault the motorist for blocking the HOV lane but it appears he was traveling with the flow of traffic.

In my case,based on purely empirical evidence,Quebec drivers are the biggest assholes in the driving world,and are also the least skilled.I suffer them through many miles,every day.

I therefore offer the following solution: Remove all seat belts,and have all airbags replaced with shotgun shells. Just like capital punishment,not a deterrent,but it will sure prevent repeat offences:)

I drive 100+ miles a day.

My goal is to get home safely at the end of the day. It is becoming much more difficult.

Stay alert out there, people.

I do 40 miles.
Stop and go for the most part.
The 4 miles of highway I use are a complete exposure of the state of idiocy of people.

There is no job on this planet worth dying in traffic.

Anyone that thinks people are all kind and generous and the world can be a happy safe peaceful place are completely retarded.

I see 10% total assholes in traffic everyday.
I see 50% idiots.

Both drivers could have, and should have, not allowed whatever started the chain of events to escalate to the point that it did. Whatever the horrible offense was, I doubt that either driver could look at the driver of the white pickup truck in the eye and convince him that their conduct was justified. They are all lucky to be alive.

Back
Top Bottom