Robert Hadley transformers?

Discussion in 'Tube Audio' started by Audio Fan, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Audio Fan

Audio Fan First Class, Second Hand Subscriber

Anyone familiar with Robert Hadley transformers? I have one designated as a 8059, but cannot find any information specifically about it.

I'll get a pic posted.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. battradio

battradio Electron trainer Subscriber

3. Audio Fan

Audio Fan First Class, Second Hand Subscriber

Hey Mark,

I'm adept at search, but did not find any references to an 8059 model. The published information seems to indicate they made only custom components. This one was obtained with a group lot of audio transformers, so I am assuming it can be used in some audio related function.

Has anyone used a Hadley transformer in any application?

4. kstlfido

kstlfido New Member

Hi- Old thread. Wish I could help. There seems to be little data on Hadley. I have some D534 OPT's made by them I'd like more info on. As they are still around, you might try asking them if they have any heritage info.

5. Meade

Meade AK Subscriber Subscriber

I don’t have information on the Hadley 8059, but I did find specs for a D534 in the Robert M. Hadley Co. catalog No. T6. No date is given for the catalog, but it was published to announce the opening of a new plant in Newark, NJ. Some idea of the date can be had from the fact that neither the Los Angeles or Newark address contained zone or zip codes.

From page 11 of the catalog, Hadley D534 is a 15 watt line to voice coil transformer, with primary impedance of 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500. Secondary impedances of 2, 4, 8, 15. A note states: “To allow 2, 3, or 4 speakers to be operated in parallel across a 500Ω output line.” “For example, four 2000Ω lines could be paralled to give proper impedance match across the 500Ω output connection”.

List price stated is $2.75

6. kstlfido

kstlfido New Member

Thanks!

Please register to disable this ad.