Roberts 770x reel to reel as a preamp

Mykill

Hi, just acquired a Roberts 770x reel player and I'm planning to use this as an external processor with my preamp, will this cause the bass to become slow and flabby because of the reel to reel player's tubes?

Hi, just acquired a Roberts 770x reel player and I'm planning to use this as an external processor with my preamp, will this cause the bass to become slow and flabby because of the reel to reel player's tubes?
This is a depending kind of issue. First off, if the unit is not rebuilt then it is most likely that the tube amp in the R2R will not even work and may go Fukushima on you. But, if it were totally rebuilt and running at specs, like a factory fresh unit. I would not expect the bass to be slow and flabby since the job of a preamp would be to pass the signal on to the amp with as few changes as possible. Back in the day when this piece was made that also was the objective.

I tested in the ins and outs and they sound fine - I used headphones for the out and my cell phone for the in and sound came out from the speakers, still waiting for the cables to connect it to my system. Thx!

Back
Top Bottom