Roberts 771x (Akai M-9) Motor Starting Capacitor

DeanMachine

I have a Roberts 771x (Akai M-9) that has a dead Motor Starting Capacitor. I am trying to find a source for a replacement capacitor. The cap reads as follows:

MP CAPACITOR
2.0 uF
0.8 uF
1.0 uF
COM.
300 WV.AC

I would prefer to use an original (all in one) replacement capacitor, but if one is not available I would be willing to substitute it with separate motor capacitors. Does anyone know of a source (with links) to the separate motor capacitors I would need for my machine? Thanks in advance.

Cap.jpg

I am a little confused with trying to find a replacement capacitor. I have a few more questions with this particular capacitor:

1/ - Is this capacitor a "Motor Run Capacitor" or is it a "Motor Start Capacitor" or is it a combination of the 2?

2/ - The Capacitor has 3 uF ratings (2.0 uF, 0.8 uF & 1.0 uF). Does this mean that all 3 uF ratings don't work any more or is it possible that perhaps only one of the uF ratings has failed?

3/ - My Roberts 771x is a 2 speed machine. The capacitor has 3 uF ratings. Does this mean that the 2.0 uF is for starting the motor & the 1.0 uF is for the "Fast" speed setting & the 0.8 uF is for the "Slow" speed setting?

Did you ever find a capacitor? I have the Akai X-5000W model and the motor cap in it is the same 4 terminal (2.0 uF, 0.8 uF & 1.0 uF). My capacitor blew its guts out, so I know it is bad. My problem is that I'm not sure which term post is the common! All I see is a (red) dot and a (yellow dot). Anyone know what the common terminal would be? I will use multiple Caps in place of.
20180520_100101.jpg 20180521_124946.jpg 20180521_125011.jpg

Back
Top Bottom