Luk clutch kit
Luk clutch slave cylinder
Luk clutch master cylinder
Brute Power clutch hydraulic line
Felpro rear main seal
Timken T case output shaft seal

grand total after a 5% discount code I googled

$246.05 SHIPPED

Not bad at all!:banana: Well over $100 cheaper than any parts store and better brand clutch parts. Hopefully everything fits.

Sounds great and I've heard a lot of good about Rock but...
the BCM just gave it up in my 99 Cry-seller - I gotta make a trip to the "Stealer.":confused:

I've had pretty good luck with Rockauto. Once I did get a bum shock, it was leaking as soon as I installed it. They had me a replacement in a couple of days, no questions asked. They have a lot of clearance stuff, brand names in odd store-brand boxes that can be a great deal if you don't mind funny packaging. They also occasionally have old stock. The rear shocks on my 86 Towncar were in a Ford dealer box with a sticker indicating they had been transferred to another dealer in 1990. Shocks are fine, they were also like 9 bucks each.

Ordered two Beck Arnley control arms from RA for the BMW. Took one out of the bag and it had been put in a press and this mark had been smashed on one side and you can see the press plate dent on the other side. The original part ID had been ripped off of the bag on both parts and both parts had these press marks on them. You can also see a press mark near the bushing which is rather unusual. Brand new Beck Arnley boxes although the plastic bags looked like they had been around the world a couple of times.

The only reason that I could come up with was that the parts were deemed defective by the original manufacturer and marked so they couldn't be returned. Emailed Beck Arnley about the marks on the parts and they said - nothing. Zero. Zip. No reply.

Returned them to RA as defective and they refunded the original purchase and shipping but I had to eat the return shipping. Ordered same part but Rein from FCPEuro and by golly got new parts.

FeiWQHS.jpg

m7J2BEY.jpg

OC1RNmb.jpg

New Rein parts installed.

vkQYI6Y.jpg

If you have time to wait they can be a great deal. They often have numerous options for the same part. I usually need the parts right now, but if you have time to plan you can save a lot of money. I just ordered an A/C compressor and kit, and evaporator, all Denso OEM parts, for my 2002 Suburban. Right around $240 for everything, about half what the chains wanted.

I just put in an order for my '91 F250

Luk flywheel
Luk clutch kit
Luk clutch slave cylinder
Luk clutch master cylinder
Brute Power clutch hydraulic line
Felpro rear main seal
Timken T case output shaft seal

grand total after a 5% discount code I googled

$246.05 SHIPPED

Not bad at all!:banana: Well over $100 cheaper than any parts store and better brand clutch parts. Hopefully everything fits.

Awesome dude!!!!

I ordered my A/C compressor for my Grand Caravan from them. Saved a bunch of bucks, it arrived pretty quick and was well packed. Very much impressed.

I also did a compressor kit for my S10. They had the Sanden style replacement for the original crappy GM compressor for about 100 less than local stores wanted for the stock leaky style. The old one has 3 seals in the middle of the body and they are very prone to failure. This is the third compressor on the truck now, and I aim for it to be the last.

I also got a 18 buck pair of premium brand shocks for my f150 4x4 shipped to canada fast and cheap.In cnd it was 26 for shocks and cheap for shipping.

I have ordered a few things with mixed results but all were cheap. I have ordered a brake rebuild parts for a Jeep Cherokee, one of the bags had been opened and parts were missing. I ordered a TPS and it was slow to arrive, I checked the tracking info and it was in Guam, Interesting as it left there facility in Ohio and was supposed to go to Illinois. They shipped me a new one and I did a "return to sender" when the original did finally arrive. I just ordered a NSS switch for my Jeep, it was $70 cheaper than I could buy at any local parts shop.

Graham

Rock Auto has done well for me. Tip--if you place an order, add on some replacement bulbs for your cars. They are so cheaply priced for name brand bulbs that it is well worth adding them on. I recall looking at brake light bulbs for one of our cars. Auto Zone wanted $8.99. A name brand bulb from Rock Auto was in the $1 range; needless to say, I ordered a few, along with other common bulbs for our cars.

Anything else I've had good luck with. The only bad thing I had was a set of bellows for the rear dampers (shocks). They were way too short. Right part numbers on the box though. And, I ordered an idler for the A/C--the pulley itself is fine, but it uses a no-name off-brand
"Chinesium" bearing that I know will not last long. (They have very poor quality, low-grade bearing steel.) Eight years later and I still have not installed it. I would have been better off taking the old pulley out and pressing in a new NTN or NSK bearing instead.

I just ordered an A/C compressor and kit, and evaporator, all Denso OEM parts, for my 2002 Suburban.
I think the radiator in my daughter's car is leaking slightly, and one of the oxygen sensors is bad, so I will be ordering OEM Denso parts for both. We just picked up the car last week, and I have yet to get it over to my house to look over. The seller thought it may be a power steering leak, but I faintly smell coolant, and the "leak" is actually across the front of the car. I do want to get this done before she drives it down to the college every day, but given that she starts next week, I may have to bite the bullet and buy Denso parts locally, as I really won't have much time to work on it once she starts school.

I can also get a fairly nice brake kit for her car, including four new rotors, for quite an affordable price. I bought a similar Power Stop kit from Rock Auto for my CR-V and it worked out really well. Anything like engine mounts, stabilizer bar bushings and end links, etc. have all arrived and fit well.

The Denso I need is only $64, so that's plenty cheap. :D Plus, it is a simple job. Heck, the hoses and Honda anti-freeze probably will cost just as much.

By and large RA is a great deal. Only thing to beware of is often items ship from different warehouses so you end up losing the ability to combine shipping costs.

Rock Auto has done well for me. Tip--if you place an order, add on some replacement bulbs for your cars. They are so cheaply priced for name brand bulbs that it is well worth adding them on. I recall looking at brake light bulbs for one of our cars. Auto Zone wanted $8.99. A name brand bulb from Rock Auto was in the $1 range; needless to say, I ordered a few, along with other common bulbs for our cars.
It's ridiculous how much light bulbs cost these days. A pack of 2 194? peanut bulbs is around $5 anywhere you go!:rant: You may laugh, but I've been known to stuff my pockets with bulbs when I'm pulling parts at the junkyard.:smoke:

A lot of parts stores have the bulbs in bulk in the back for a lot less than the blister packs. A friend of mine had a commercial account, and a 10 pack of bulbs in a plain cardboard box was usually less than the 2 pack on the shelf. Sometimes they'll sell these to you if you ask at the counter, but I have to imagine the store and mfg profit margin is grossly higher on the blister packs.

A #168 Philips bulb is 20 cents at Rock Auto (in a two-pack, so it's 40 cents). That is your typical $4.99 two-pack at the local auto parts emporium. Wagner, 23 cents each purchased in a ten-pack.

upload_2017-8-30_10-10-55.png

The markup is insane on the bulbs at the retailers...

... but I have to imagine the store and mfg profit margin is grossly higher on the blister packs.

I've long said that consumers pay for packaging. Hit the grocery store. A bottle of anything is likely not much more money when you purchase a container that holds 2x as much. I know the packaging costs are minimal but still, manufacturers and retailers make us pay when we want small packaged quantities (or volumes) of anything.

I've been a Rock fan for at least 10 years, and even have had a couple warranty refunds processed painlessy. I order parts ahead and usually save half of what locals want for house brand parts.

I recommend them w/o reservation.

Back
Top Bottom