Rocktron 120A, System One, 2 channel, Encode / Decode Noise Reduction unit

James Wright

I just bought a working Rocktron 120A, System One, 2 channel, Encode / Decode Noise Reduction unit for $10 on Ebay. When I could not find any documentation for it I decided to contact the company that made it. The first person I spoke with said he was likely the one that built it, but he had no info for me. When ISP Technologies bought Rocktron, ISP decided not to support the noise reduction units and concentrate on guitar related electronics.

I was referred to the inventor of the 120A unit, and he will try to locate some technical data for me. Both of these gentlemen and the seller said that this model was better than the dbx units of that time. They said that this model didn't have the typical dbx encode/decode artifacts that plague some dbx users on piano recordings etc. When I get it next week I will followup with a report on how it works for me with my newly refurbed Akai GX-230D. Since I don't share recordings with others, it does not matter that it may be among the rarest of noise reduction units. I can't wait to try it out. Have any of you guys ever run across this model????
Attached Thumbnails
upload_2018-4-20_23-5-24.jpeg
upload_2018-4-20_23-7-16.jpeg
upload_2018-4-20_23-8-48.jpeg

Revox B-77, Revox A-77, Akai GX-230D, dbx228, dbx224- System: Onkyo TX-NR717, Cerwin Vega PD-9s, Velodyne FSR-1800, Klipsch THX Theatre speakers, Sony MDSJB920, CDP CX355, Sony TC-KA6ES ES, TH-P50V10A, Etc, Etc

Back
Top Bottom