Rogue Metis Magnum/ST-100 combo

Discussion in 'Tube Audio' started by prisoners, Sep 15, 2018.

1. prisoners

prisoners AK Subscriber Subscriber

Well...I know we’ve all said this more than once...but I’m DONE. I’ve gone through several tube preamps over the years looking for the perfect balance of features and sound, and when the Metis became available at my local dealer several months ago I jumped.

I Love it’s sound, looks, and the remote for volume. Also the OCD part of me wanted a power amp option from the same manufacturer, and I knew Rogue was a real candidate.

Last week I get a call: “Hey I just took in an ST-100...why don’t you come by?”
    After a week of in-home listening it’s mine. I’ve owned or borrowed many big solid state power amps and really enjoyed several of them, but this Rogue has the best of all of them. Huge power, deep tight bass, buttery smooth tone...all of that review jargon is true. Here’s the proof in my mind: my wife caught me giggling while listening to Queen and Black Sabbath. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen you so happy with a piece of stereo equipment..”

Please register to disable this ad.

2. bacobits

bacobits Active Member

Yea I like Rogue a lot too. I have a Cronus Mag II and just picked up a mint Triton Phono, just excellent and I have had a ton of Phono Pre's in here. My Yggdrasil just back and matches quality perfect.
    Enjoy!

3. Tinkerbelle

Tinkerbelle Everything in Moderation Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Subscriber

Great - it's always good to hear when the system comes together just right. Thanks for sharing.