Rogue system complete!

prisoners

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Two weeks ago I reached what I can finally say is my finished system by acquiring the Rogue ST-100. I’m extremely happy with how everything came together and spend a lot more time listening instead of tweaking.

Attachments

• FEB4EEDB-C561-4C2D-A0E0-6BE9CDEBC4FB.jpeg
    FEB4EEDB-C561-4C2D-A0E0-6BE9CDEBC4FB.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 445
  • 097D4D56-6D5C-480A-A001-6FB95FBF6736.jpeg
    097D4D56-6D5C-480A-A001-6FB95FBF6736.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 459
Rogue makes some nice sounding amps! :thumbsup: They were on my short list when shopping for a tube map. Enjoy it!

Thanks everyone. I’ve been in this hobby for close to 40 years and have been through a ton of gear; pretty sure I’ve reached a point of diminishing returns until the next significant rung on the ladder; which I don’t think I want to even contemplate.

Attachments

• 6CEA963B-9355-4205-A6C0-998DADBFB121.jpeg
    6CEA963B-9355-4205-A6C0-998DADBFB121.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 66
Thanks everyone. I’ve been in this hobby for close to 40 years and have been through a ton of gear; pretty sure I’ve reached a point of diminishing returns until the next significant rung on the ladder; which I don’t think I want to even contemplate.
I'm nearly there myself--I like my C-J amp but wish it had more power. Good thing is, my stereo amp also has two monoblock versions as "sisters," and if a nice pair of Premier 12s ever comes up at a good price (and when I can afford it), I'll replace my Premier 11 in my main system. I hate to let the Premier 11 go, though. It is such a nice sounding amp that I would probably get another C-J preamp to use it with. (Then my better half would be happy because I could then get rid of the piles of mid-fi crap in the basement. :D )

Which power tubes is your ST100 running? I can't recall if it shipped originally with KT88s, KT120s, etc. (The KT120 is a great tube, but taller than its smaller cousins. I have to run my C-J without the cage since the tubes are a bit taller.)

KT-120s. As I understand it Rogue designed this amp specifically to take advantage of the higher potential of that tube. I’m not very knowledgeable on tube amp architecture, but I know this is the first tube amp that I’ve heard that matched the grip and speed on the low end from the very good solid state amps I’ve had. Of course the smooth mids expected of tube amp are great too.

The KT120s are known to have good, solid bass control. The GE 6550s in my C-J amp were the originals, and IMHO were tired sounding in comparison. Ya done good! :thumbsup:

There are some newer amps out that use the recent KT150 tube. Some users didn't care for them, but, they installed them in amplifiers which were not made to take advantage of them. New amp designs using the KT150 sound excellent. The KT120, in comparison, is easier for most older amps to use. They're about $50/ea. when they need to be replaced. Since my C-J is not running them hard, I should get a good life out of them.

Two weeks ago I reached what I can finally say is my finished system by acquiring the Rogue ST-100. I’m extremely happy with how everything came together and spend a lot more time listening instead of tweaking.
Very nice,I can dig it!The System Audio speakers are it too. Heard them years ago at High Fidelity House in Shrewsbury Mass.Left a lasting impression on me. SA speakers and a Vincent integrated is my holy grail.

Congratulations!! It looks great!!
They used a Rogue integrated amplifier for Totem demo I listened to a couple of weeks ago. Very impressive.

Back
Top Bottom