Ron, any new MX119 info?

Bob Rollin

Virgin McIntosh Owner
This seems to be just what I need. Any additional information to share. Price? Pictures? Availability? Will the MX119 offer good performance as a stereo preamp?
Saving my pennies.....

Bob,

The M119 can be ordered now and will be built this month. It is $5100 retail and is a simplified version of the MX135. The 119 has 7 inputs, 3 component video, and balanced outs on the front three channels only along with one set of stereo balanced ins.
Both models use the Texas Instruments Aurius processor, up-convert any video to component, have a phono section, pure stereo and external pass through in pure analog, and two channel as well as video on all inputs. All 8 volume controls are analog and all digital processing is run at full, 24/ 194 bit. These are crystal clear on both two or multi-channel audio and use the same parts and design as the two channel McIntosh pre amps.

Ron-C

Hi Ron, Will you have one at the SF show in a few weeks? What all will you guys have setup? :)

Carl

Mx119

So, I can have the two channel performance of a C46 and I can get the basic HT performance of a MX135 in one unit? Santa, meet me at Almas Hi-Fi in the morning.

When will this item be posted on the McIntosh web site so that I can have a look?

Bob,

Basically yes. The MX119 is a little early but we are set up to process the order now even though the dealers were told it wold be late November.

Thanks,
Ron

Carl,

We will have two two channel rooms at the SF show. In Ken's room we will have C2200, MC501s, MDA/MCD1000, XRT28s.
My room will have C2200, MVP851, MDA1000, MC275s in mono, KAB SL1200 Technics turntable w/ V15 MXR Shure, and LS360 speakers.

I was going to have a MX135 there but they are sold out for the month.

Bring software I will play requests!

Ron-C

2 audio rooms, no HT? I will look forward to seeing your hotrod Technics
table you've put so much work into. That is what you'll be using? I'll think
of some software to bring, but the music booths sure made for a lot to carry around last year. Those LP's get heavy after 6 hrs.! The nice Kimber people took pity on me and gave me a nice canvas bag for them. :) Where will you rooms be or don't you know yet? I will like the opportunity to a/b the MDA1000 and 851.

Carl

Carl,

We are on the fourth floor. The HT set ups take a lot more gear and we would need a bigger room. This time we are concentrating on the music but will do both at CES in Vegas as we did at the September CEDIA show. I will bring a SL1200 with KAB mods since it is small enough to carry in. The big tables are overkill for this event as I just want to show what vinyl will sound like with a under $1000 table set up.

Thanks again,
Ron Cornelius

4th floor, most excellent!!! I would like to hear about these "big" tables sometime - got pics? :)

Carl

Carl,

The other tables are an SP10 and SP15 Technics both with SME arms. They weigh a lot to carry in and I would not ship them.

Ron-C

MX 119 Information

The MX 119 product brochure and owner's manual have been posted on the McIntosh website. Looks good!

VintageMac

Click on PRODUCTS and then on MANUALS AND LITERATURE. The MX119 brochure and owners manuals can be downloaded (PDF) from there. The MX119 itself isn't shown as an available product yet.

VintageMac

OK, I see it now. My $%&$%# Web TV will not download so I will have to do it on company time tomorrow. Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom