Roseanne Again Noooo!

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by comish4, Jan 7, 2018.

1. FONSguy

FONSguy Super Member

Other than cooking shows, how-to shows, and some history channel stuff, Mythbuster marathons, and re-runs of the old Match game, I am pretty much done with todays TV except for Better Call Saul and Ash vs Evil Dead. BCS because I loved Breaking Bad, and Ash because its a weird mix of over the top gore and humor. Liked Bruce Campbell since Brisco County Jr.

2. jgannon

jgannon AK Subscriber Subscriber

Roseanne was a great show, IMO. Dealt with a lot of issues working families went through, and was excellent TV. Don't know how the new series will work. But I admire their trying it out. I'd like to see what how they tackle the current scene.

luxmaster likes this.
  3. transmaster

transmaster Addicted Member

What did the break for me was when I purchased my first Apple TV. I had been a Dish Network customer for almost 20 years. I started to watch what was streaming on the Apple TV, after awhile I realized that I had not had my Dish Network receiver turned on in over a month. When I called Dish to close my service they transferred me to a person whose job it was to find out why people were dropping their service. I explained to him it it was nothing to do with them that I had always been happy customer but that I realized that I just didn't use it anymore.

4. Jibe01

Jibe01 New Member

Yep, that speaks for me as well. Her voice alone is nails on the blackboard horrible.

5. slow_jazz

slow_jazz Lunatic Member

Didn't they kill Dan off??

I liked the first couple of seasons...

6. FONSguy

FONSguy Super Member

Yes they did. Also Becky was married to David and Darlene was actually married to Mark. They really ruined that show by the last season.

7. hjames

hjames Nabbed ... Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Go back, MUCH further back!! to Newton Minnow as FCC commish ..

"When television is good, nothing — not the theater, not the magazines or newspapers — nothing is better. But when television is bad, nothing is worse. I invite each of you to sit down in front of your television set when your station goes on the air and stay there for a day without a book, without a magazine, without a newspaper, without a profit and loss sheet or a rating book to distract you. Keep your eyes glued to that set until the station signs off. I can assure you that what you will observe is a vast wasteland."

[delivered 9 May 1961, National Association of Broadcasters, Washington, DC]
    http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/newtonminow.htm

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    beat_truck and John James like this.
  8. beat_truck

beat_truck Super Member

Imagine what he would have written if he had seen current TV.:D

9. hjames

hjames Nabbed ... Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

He is still alive ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_N._Minow

I think Gilligan's Island shut his yap forever (they named the BOAT after him!) ...

Then again, considering all the cable/Sat channels that have no FCC constraints on language or concepts ... [Mind BLOWN!!]

10. bobsvinyl

bobsvinyl Painfully Aware Subscriber

I'll enjoy turning it off.

[​IMG]