Roseanne Again Noooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? You're going to bitch at me like it's my fault, or I'm the one doing it? Give me a break.

So which TV shows are the ones where the white guy is the idiot?

Friends? Sienfeld? How I Met Your Mother? Arrested Development? Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Mad Men? You're right... those shows all have at least one white guy that's a moron, some have two or three.. Can you guess why?

Never like the show because it was about people that did the same and believed the same as everyone else that didn’t want to try harder to get more out of life.

What else could they throw out there... srsly?

Jan. 27 (UPI) -- Mad About You co-creator and star Paul Reiser says the possibility of reviving the sitcom remains alive, but he doesn't have much news to report.

"We're still talking. Tough decision. But thank you all you nice people that have chimed in with nice things to say. We'll definitely keep you posted. #MadAboutYou," Reiser tweeted Saturday.

The show featured Reiser and Helen Hunt as the Buchmans, a young couple juggling marriage, friends and careers in New York City. It ran 1992-99 on NBC.

The television landscape lately has seen a spate of revivals. New seasons of the long-canceled shows Murphy Brown, Will & Grace, Roseanne, Gilmore Girls and Arrested Development have all recently been ordered with their original stars onboard, while CBS alone has rebooted S.W.A.T., Hawaii Five-0 and MacGyver with new casts, and reportedly is working on remakes of Magnum, P.I. and Cagney and Lacey.

https://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/TV/2018/01/27/Paul-Reiser-on-Mad-About-You-revival-Were-still-talking/5521517080766/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7793412/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

I think we're due for a Gilligan's Island revival, maybe with the Grandkids (or Clones) of the original cast.

Yayyy! Now you're talking!

Although it will be much more challenging for the Professor to create a smartphone from coconuts and palm fronds than a simple AM radio.

Trying to remember period shows I followed, got Rocky and friends and Police Story, not much else I recall.

Are things so bleak in the TV world in 2018 we have to go back to Roseanne again? Come on I would rather watch a redo of the Fall Guy!

A remake of the "Fall Guy" may not be such a bad thing. "The Fall Guy" is actually running on TV Classics right now. :D As for "Rosanne"... spare me! I would rather watch paint dry on a cold day.:eek:

The only thing I know about Roseanne was that they were rivals with Seinfeld and that Roseanne herself vandalized Julia Louis-Dreyfus's car when it was parked at the production lot.

As a car guy, I don't like people who mess with others' cars. I don't have a clue if it was deserved or not. :D

Although I missed the come back of Roseann I've got to admit I think it was the funniest thing on regular TV.
I reckon ya gotta have lived the dysfunctional life style they portrayed to appreciate it.
I also love The Honeymooners. If ya ask me I think comedy has really gone south these last 10-15 years are so
when movies like Dummer and Dummer make millions because some idiot knows how to act like a moron
and gets paid for it. What happen to laughing at jokes that every other word wasn't filth?
I see these stupid videos on YouTube of people doing the most moronic things as if they have no common
sense at all and people think that's funny? I just shake my head and mutter what an idiot and who's he going to hurt or maybe even kill in the process?
People need to get their humor back and understand it's not laughing at people, it's laughing because their funny and it doesn't have to have cuss words or sex acts involved to be funny.
Okay, that's the end of my rant, for what it's worth. hand over face.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom