Rotel CD Player Issue

Decotriumph

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have a Rotel CD player, model RCD-991, that plays fine until it gets to the middle of the last track on the CD, then it quits mid-track. Does that sound like an easily fixed adjustment issue? Any other suggestions? Thanks

Does it happen to all CD’s being played in that player, if so it’s in the mechanism that holds the lens. Take the movable mechanisms apart and clean them, lubrcate with a small amount of synthetic moly white grease. Reinstall and test...

Does it happen to all CD’s being played in that player, if so it’s in the mechanism that holds the lens. Take the movable mechanisms apart and clean them, lubrcate with a small amount of synthetic moly white grease. Reinstall and test...
Yes, it's all CDs, as if the mechanism is not moving all the way to the end of its travel path. Thanks

The RCD-990 I picked up a couple years ago still have it gave error cod when all the folks at Goodwill tried to get it to work, and they left it.
I bought it and what I tried was lightly assist the tray in all the way when you push the open close button to close, play the last track and see if that works.
It's not pulling the tray all the way in, I had other CD decks do this like midway into a track.
I did this a dozen or so times never had an error since. But it woulds be a wise move to clean and grease also replace belts.
I read someplace there is some CDM-9 transport gear that gets worn down i don't know if that would pertain to your unit or if the 991 has a Phillips CDM-9 transport.
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Rotel-RCD-97...437925?hash=item5b234f8525:g:igkAAOSwKfVXELus
ROTEL used the CDM-9 in the RCD-990 and made this deck sort of a rare find as it was cut short due to the Phillips transport not being made anymore.

Back
Top Bottom