Rotel or onkyo????

Nacho1

What's up fellas I have an opportunity to pick up an amp for a decent price either a Rotel 1552 mint condition or a Onkyo M504 also I mint condition both are in the same ballpark price wise I will be running my Infinity RSiiiB. I've had a chance to audition the Rotel last year A buddy of mine has one I really like how the Rotel 1552 performed but the Onkyo I never had the opportunity to listen to what you think:idea:. Thanks in advance right now I havea Yamaha p2201 running the infinities and they sound awesome. I'm going to move to Yamaha and run my choruses2 with it and whichever amp I end up with will run the infinities.:)

Well, Onkyo and Choruses wouldn't be a good combo as both skew bright. I've never heard your Infinitys so I do know which would be better.

This is AK, buy them both!

Seriously, if I had to pick one, I'd pick the Onkyo. That said, the Rotel is a great amp too.

I wouldn't classify any vintage Onkyo 'bright'- they are essentially ruler flat.

I'd take the Onkyo. Never mind the cool meters. Take a look at what's under the hood!

serveimage

That is one serious Dual-Mono amp!

Last edited:
I would pick the Onkyo myself also. The M504 and the Citation 16 were two of my must have amps, and I just happened to find a nice Citation first. The only reason I stopped looking for a 504 is because I basically tripped over a pair of L-09Ms when I went to buy the Citation. The M504 is a great amp, period. The only downside I can see to the Onkyo might be serviceability issues, but they shouldn't be outside the abilities of a good tech.

Back
Top Bottom