Rotel with sx-535

boybuick85

Hey guys ,

Semi new here .

So i just picked a rotel RB-960 Bx for $45. Is there any way to run this through my pioneer sx 535. Trying to get the watts of the rotel but controls and radio of the pioneer.

Im guessing it would have to have pre outs or something like that ??

Also side note is this model a good sounding unit??

Thanks for your time guys

~ Vincent

Yes you would ideally need pre-outs - not sure if the Pioneer has these.

If not - make or buy a 6.5mm jack lead to 2 x RCA, and run the sound from the headphone jack of the Pioneer.

I would critically listen to the power stages of both amps and experiment a bit as while the Pioneer is only 20 watts per channel, not sure if there would be a massive improvement in sound quality if you use the Rotel. If its just power that you are after, then this would work fine.

Yes you would ideally need pre-outs - not sure if the Pioneer has these.

If not - make or buy a 6.5mm jack lead to 2 x RCA, and run the sound from the headphone jack of the Pioneer.

I would critically listen to the power stages of both amps and experiment a bit as while the Pioneer is only 20 watts per channel, not sure if there would be a massive improvement in sound quality if you use the Rotel. If its just power that you are after, then this would work fine.
I figired the sound signatures would be different no?? Also wouldnt more power mean it sounds more full at lower volumes

It has input phono aux tape one and tape two..so i guess that means, The head phone jack is the only way . Does that effectively do the same thing sound wise as pre outs

Connect the Tape 1 out of the Pio to the AUX in of the Rotel, set the Rotel to AUX, connect speakers to the Rotel. then you can use the Pio as a pre amp, should work, I think... Afaik the Tape out's on the Pio will always have the signal from the Pio's pre amp board going thru them.

Connect the Tape 1 out of the Pio to the AUX in of the Rotel, set the Rotel to AUX, connect speakers to the Rotel
This wont be controlled by the volume control of the Pioneer. Doesnt seem like the way to go to me.

Pre out or headphone socket are both controlled by the volume control of the Pioneer

Connect the Tape 1 out of the Pio to the AUX in of the Rotel, set the Rotel to AUX, connect speakers to the Rotel. then you can use the Pio as a pre amp, should work, I think... Afaik the Tape out's on the Pio will always have the signal from the Pio's pre amp board going thru them.
I dont think thats possible . The back of the rotel only has an input that says stereo or mono. Plus no volume control

My BIG question is , is there a loss of sound quality doing it this way since its going through the head phone jack ??

My BIG question is , is there a loss of sound quality doing it this way since its going through the head phone jack ??
The heaphone jack generally takes its same feed from the speaker outputs - however its fed thru a couple of large resistors. Shouldnt really be a loss of quality.

Back
Top Bottom