RP-150M OR RB-61 II?

Bluzefan

Hey everyone, Ive posted this on General Audio, but then I found this Klipsch dedicated page...hope Im not repeating....
I own a Marantz 2230, Technics SL-1700 turntable with an Ortofon Red cart...looking to replace my Polk SDA CRS+ bookshelf speakers
Currently considering RP-150M, RB-61 II, and, I realize this is a Klipsch page but Ive heard wonderful things about the KEF Q300's
Thoughts or recommendations ? Thanks for your input....

IMO, Klipsch does best with their large speakers. For bookshelf models, I'd prefer the KEFs. And I love my Klipsch speakers.

I currently run 3 systems, one with Kef Q90s, one with klipsch KG4, and one with polk sda-2b. The Kefs seem the most neutral to me, and image the best. But I used them mostly for HT duties. The polks were overly bright to me, but a little bit of EQ (2db down at 10khz and 14khz), and I actually like them a lot. The klipsch I don't use much, not because I don't like them. But because my wife won't let me stick three KG4s in the living room to use as HT, which is where I think they really shine. The polk and klipsch are a lot more room and placement sensitive than the Kefs ime, they have almost no bass unless placed just right, then suddenly deep, tight bass. My klipsch are also missing the base stands, and I'm still figuring out how best to either angle them, or lift them.

Back
Top Bottom