rs 111b's are here

mrtransam5

wow, they are in great condition. man do they sound fantastic, my rs 5b's sound great these are just amazing. the bass is great like everyone said the cabnit volume really makes a difference. cant stop listening to them woooooooooooooow!!!!!

Congrats! Post some pics when you get a chance, because.....

(wait for it)

:worthless

pics, pics, and more pics.........

Attachments

• DCP_3157.jpg
    DCP_3157.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 65
  • DCP_3159.jpg
    DCP_3159.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DCP_3153.jpg
    DCP_3153.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 103
  • DCP_3154.jpg
    DCP_3154.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DCP_3160.jpg
    DCP_3160.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 82
  • DCP_3156.jpg
    DCP_3156.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 166
  • DCP_3155.jpg
    DCP_3155.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 66
Looking real nice there, and your new IIIb's look like they are in fantastic shape. Lots of wood, too, especially oak :thmbsp:.

I just bought a yamaha m80 amp got it all hooked up, i am running the 2 sets together and what a wounderfull sound. i am very pleased. im like a kid with a new toy.

I just bought a yamaha m80 amp got it all hooked up, i am running the 2 sets together and what a wounderfull sound. i am very pleased. im like a kid with a new toy.

Don't do that. Those RSIII'b alone can dip down to amp killing impedance levels. Don't run both speakers together, you're just asking, no BEGGING for disaster!:no:

thanks, the m80 is a monster of an amp, 250watts per channel at 8 ohms, that is why i bought this amp and replaced my yamaha a1020 integrated amp. not disputting what you said, but my guy that does all my repair said that it would be able to handle it. what does running them together is parallel do, i know you cant run them in series, thanks for any help.

thanks, the m80 is a monster of an amp, 250watts per channel at 8 ohms, that is why i bought this amp and replaced my yamaha a1020 integrated amp. not disputting what you said, but my guy that does all my repair said that it would be able to handle it. what does running them together is parallel do, i know you cant run them in series, thanks for any help.

Either way, you are lowering the overall impedance the amp sees. At times those RSIII'bs ALONE can dip down to near 2 ohms which will kill most amplifiers out there. Wattage isn't really the issue here, its impedance ohms you need to be worried about. I own a pair of RSIIIb's, thats how I know.

When you run two pairs of speakers together you lower the overall impedance that your amp is seeing, so its possible that you may present your amp with load near 1 ohm with those two running together. There are very, very few amps out there that can handle that low of an impecance.

At the very least, I would wait for more opnions from other members before playing them together again.

OR

Do a search on AK for RSIIIb's and you will see several threads about them killing amplifiers.

Just trying to look out for you. Your tech may not know about the Infinity impedance issue. :no:

Now, the M-80 should have no problem running the RSIIIb's solo...In fact, I'd bet its a great matchup! Maybe consider getting a seperate amp to run the RS5b's in the future.

While not the famous amp-killers that the Kappa 8 and Kappa 9 speakers are, like many vintage Infinity speakers, the RS-IIIb's are not the easiest load to drive, and do have impedance dips in the bass region that approach 2 ohms.

Infinity rates the nominal (aka "average") impedance of both the IIIb's and 5b's as 4 to 8 ohms. If you have the speakers wired in series, you're probably okay. But if you are running them in parallel (and most amps with A and B speaker connections do), the amp sees half of the rated impedance, or a nominal 2 to 4 ohms. If you were playing, say, some really bass heavy or complex music, the resistance in both speakers could conceivably drop to 2 ohms at the same time, in which case the amp is seeing 1 ohm....not good unless the amp is rated for sustained 1 ohm loads.

I, personally, would not drive both pairs of speakers from the same amp. Besides probably not delivering the best sound, there's just too much at risk (amp, EMITs). You'd be better off adding y-cables to your pre-amp outputs and running a second set of IC's so you can use two separate amps to drive these fine speakers.

on the m80 if i run a and c they will be in series. with the c80 pre amp it can support 2 amps, but you must run the left channel on one amp and the right on another. could this support both sets of speakers, becouse they do sound much better played together.

Congrats! Post some pics when you get a chance, because.....

(wait for it)

:worthless

HEHEHE!
Just luv tha wait for it, Tedrick! :D
Great line from a skit done by Kat Williams! :yes:

Very nice speaks you have there MrTransam5!
Hope to have a pair of any in that line of speaks by this summer!
Gotta start being nicer to my girl & see what gives. :thmbsp:

Rome

on the m80 if i run a and c they will be in series. with the c80 pre amp it can support 2 amps, but you must run the left channel on one amp and the right on another. could this support both sets of speakers, becouse they do sound much better played together.

You only think they sound better because both sets running together produce more volume than one set alone. However you are not doing your amp any justice with the lower than normal impedance load :(

update

well guys i have been running both set of speakers together for over a year now and not one hickup. the yamaha m80 up seams to be up to the task. i like the sound with both together, if i wanted more volume i would just turn them up. i think they complement each other. thanks everyone for your advise and complements.

Hey fellas, was just wondering if anyone on here lives in adelaide SA and knows the ins and outs about the infinity RSIII’bs. Thanks

That looks great! I love all that matching oak, it's absolutely beautiful!!!

Ever tried stacking the 6's upside down on top of the 3's? That might sound great! Or putting the 6's behind your listening spot?

Back
Top Bottom