RS-1B's and adding a second set of woofer towers

KappaNut

I have the opportunity to purchase a second set of woofer towers for my RS-1B's, has anybody else done this? If you have, how did you go about wiring them into the electronic crossover and is it worth adding another set of woofer towers?

Looking forward to hearing your comments.
Thanks!
Randy

You may need a second crossover. Wiring both woofer columns to the crossover, wether parallel or series, changes the crossover point.

I have a set of Adcom 565 monoblocks, I'm thinking I could use them to power all (4) bass towers. I'll have to do some more research, I can't be the first person to try this?

I have the opportunity to purchase a second set of woofer towers for my RS-1B's, has anybody else done this? If you have, how did you go about wiring them into the electronic crossover and is it worth adding another set of woofer towers?

Looking forward to hearing your comments.
Thanks!
Randy

I've seen pictures of RS-1Bs with dual woofer systems. But, I've never read if this required 2 crossovers or not? Though, maybe this will help.

Please Post your Infinity speakers

It's another AK Member with a dual set-up. Maybe PM for details!

RS1B-Doppelbass.jpg

Good luck!

Hi KappaNut,

to use two sets it is very simple. You need "one" SCU, but two absolute identical stereopoweramps. The connection of the servo is still use in the standard configuration. The second poweramp becomes a "copy" from the input signal of the first Amp. The first amp makes the regulation work with the servo. The second amp makes the same job, but only as "copy" from the first amp. The 2nd towers will normaly connect direct on the 2nd amp. The levels of both amps you can regulate as you wish for the best sound. Thats it.

The picture above is my own setup, but not top actual.

Klaus

Hi KappaNut,

to use two sets it is very simple. You need "one" SCU, but two absolute identical stereopoweramps. The connection of the servo is still use in the standard configuration. The second poweramp becomes a "copy" from the input signal of the first Amp. The first amp makes the regulation work with the servo. The second amp makes the same job, but only as "copy" from the first amp. The 2nd towers will normaly connect direct on the 2nd amp. The levels of both amps you can regulate as you wish for the best sound. Thats it.

The picture above is my own setup, but not top actual.

Klaus

Klaus,

Thanks for the info, doesn't get much easier than that! I'm not sure what I'm going to do now....... When I went to pick up the woofer towers, I actually ended up getting everything except the emim's, wasn't expecting this. So I've actually starting restoring them over the last month. I believe I'm going to upgrade my emim's with Graz diaphragms and transfer mine to this set, I just can't see breaking up a set of these speakers, they are too nice and so the restoration begins.... :D:D

Randy

Nice job Randy. Two sets of RS-1B's. What a problem to have. Could get expensive though, especially picking up the Graz diaphragms, for your original set. But worth it, as that should be a nice upgrade. When it happens, I might have to take a trip across the mountains to hear your system. I'm not far from you, as I work in C'ville, and live near Lynchburg. At least though, try the 4 bass tower install, and report back. I'd love to hear how that sounds! :rockon:

Nice job Randy. Two sets of RS-1B's. What a problem to have. Could get expensive though, especially picking up the Graz diaphragms, for your original set. But worth it, as that should be a nice upgrade. When it happens, I might have to take a trip across the mountains to hear your system. I'm not far from you, as I work in C'ville, and live near Lynchburg. At least though, try the 4 bass tower install, and report back. I'd love to hear how that sounds! :rockon:

You're welcome anytime!

Back
Top Bottom