RS 2.5-4.5 Electronic Crossover.

Infinity nutcase.
I’m a little curious if anyone here uses these with either speaker. If you do what difference have you noticed or what does it do to change the sound ? Is it a constant battle of adjustment to the music or a dial it in and leave it set to your preferences.

I have 2 units that came with the trade I did for the 4.5’s. From what I’ve read most seem to dislike what they do. Frankly I didn’t know it was an option with the 2.5 ?

I’m waiting for a new preamp to come and might try one once it arrives.

Anyone have one in service right now ?

There is a group in facebook "Vintage Infinity Speakers". A member - Jamie Hendricks - wrote about how he believes his Marchand crossover is better than the Infinity crossover unit. For his pair of 4.5's. Might want to check it out.

Kurtgo Thank you for that, except I’m not a Facebook member. I’ll try and look when the wife is back from vacation. And thanks Jim, it’s going out of my wheelhouse I’ll have to look both of those up. I’m going to try one of the stock Infinity units this weekend just to see what it does.

I pulled the trigger on one of those 728a preamps to try. Hopefully it’s decent and it has the tone controls so maybe I can accomplish what I’m trying to do. I picked up an old Kenwood C-1 and put it in play with the 2.5’s and damned if it doesn’t not only sound great and it’s nice to throttle the bass back sometimes.

The 4.5’s are awesome but every now and then the emits are a bit......mmmm I would say “Tishy” I’m not complaining at all. Maybe just tame it a bit.

4.5s are pretty ruthless on poor recordings or anything sibilant
I have an external crossover unit, but after trying it for a bit I left it out and just ran a really big amp

Well that preamp arrived, did some quick testing with Steely dan. I think it’s just stupid.... in the best kind of way oohhh holy moly ! :D :bowdown: :thumbsup: , might be my last post here. Not even going to bother with that box.

Back
Top Bottom