RS-2B, searching for info.

Jim,

The first round of binding post came in, man they are perfect. They fit exactly flush with the back of the cabinet and thru the existing hole. I tried two types of banana plugs and they make a solid flush connection. Wayyyyy better than the stock units

If you'd like a few pics I'll post up if you'd like

Jim,

The first round of binding post came in, man they are perfect. They fit exactly flush with the back of the cabinet and thru the existing hole. I tried two types of banana plugs and they make a solid flush connection. Wayyyyy better than the stock units

If you'd like a few pics I'll post up if you'd like
Link for purchase?

or, just order these and be happy with no modification necessary.
41NGF8roQpL.jpg

these are a bomber connection to the rs2b, I use two on each speaker, one red (connected to both positives) and one black, (connected to both negatives)

I can still use that pair on the 2.5's Jazz, since these fit so nicely and I'm back into them it's not a big deal for me. Now who has the link for that instant Piano Black finish, yes I'm going there and it looks so easy on the web but I'm here to tell yeah my arms are sore tonight.

I'll get a few pics tomorrow Jim.

Here's a few quickies,
IMG_2281.JPG IMG_2282.JPG
I think you can see how much better these are, the extra pole inside the box is nice too, frees things up somewhat.

When I tested the first post, it looks like the stuffing had pushed two inductor wires that crossed each other together and they got hot enough to fuse together, made a little "snick" when I separated them. So that got passed me on my first inspection. Now I can run them away from each other with that extra material.

With my ZU Audio cables the banana plugs run right up flush to the binding post, no gap.

IMG_2283.JPG
Sneak peek, about 1/2 way there, sand, coat, sand, coat, rinse & repeat. I think this is where you say F'it and drop them off...Piano Black please.........LOL

Last edited:
Yes Jazzman, that’s what I use now but they are hanging out a little and not so snug.
Thanks 7.62, those look like they would work very nice.

The first set of new binding post are done, wether I keep these or not it's totally worth doing imho. The connection is 1000% improved from cable to post.
IMG_2349.JPG IMG_2350.JPG IMG_2352.JPG IMG_2355.JPG
Also besides the 2 opposing inductors that had fused together, got hot enough to melt that lacquer coating, I'm sure that had some affect on sound. Whoever owned them before me did a lot of patching, splicing of wires & I can't figure out why. Where the fuses go in, he didn't solder anything back just hooked them threw the holes and left them loose ??? I should have taken pics, next one if it's the same. So hopefully things come to life here shortly, I knew Jazz's sounded better, now I'm finding out why.

The rsIIb and 2.5 are pretty different. IMHO 2.5 (and most likely the 4.5 which I never had the pleasure..)are speakers whose parents are away for the weekend. Slightly Extended highs, tight extenuated bass, kick ass speakers that temp you to push them to their limits. The IIb on the other hand are more like speakers for “grownups”. Little bit darker and more true to the music with authoritive bass when called upon. If I had to choose between them I probably keep the IIb. First reason is I have more money in them than I should and 2nd is they are truer to the music so far as I can tell. Don’t think I’ll part with either one any time soon.

Keep running those IIbs maybe you’ll warm up to them. Sometimes wish they employed the 2.5’s Watkins woofer in the IIb. No need for the eq and very good bass, maybe not as low but in a smallish room it’s almost perfect.
Jim

I do own both of these speakers and the RS 4.5s are indeed a speaker that makes you want to play them with a bit of power. The RS IIB are also very nice I have kept both and rotate them in and out.

No second owner of both actually. I am the first owner of the Q5s which is also I nice speaker. I would love to get a pair of QLS1s I would trade either of the RSs for them.

Thanks goat 67. I asked because if you were, maybe you could share a picture of the original jumpers that came with them.

I finished the repairs on the crossovers today and man what a difference !. Imaging and midrange are very good and bass is nice. Tomorrow I'm going to put the bass controller into the chain and see what happens. Very happy I went back in and corrected everything back to original.

And those binding post, man it's nice to have solid connections. Highly recommend those.

Back
Top Bottom