Rs-9...

MarkAnderson

Addicted Member
I picked up a pair today whose woofers had been replaced with some RS full-rangers (40-1286C's, for those who might care). Apparently, the woofer holes had to be enlarged and one of them was enlarged way too much. A piece of luan was cut and glued/screwed to the baffle for the woofer. Yes, it's very pretty.....not!! Anyway, I know the PolyCell domes aren't nearly as highly regarded as the Emits, but do they just out-and-out suck? Are these worth foolin' with at all? What does an RS-9 woofer even look like?

On the bright side, the serial numbers are consecutive.....:rolleyes:

Hi Mark
My son has a pair of RS-9's and someone put what looks like B&W kevlar woofers in his and they sound decent. The polycells aren't as detailed as the emits but not horrible or anything.

My 2¢

I loooove my RS-9s. They sound way better than my ADS L-710s and I like the Polycells. I think these are one of the most under rated speakers. And for bookshelf speakers they can really crank.

They are oogly. But it's ok, cause I'm building new cabinets with real veneer for mine.

Here is a pic of the original woofer.

Attachments

• rs9.jpg
    rs9.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 37
Mark,

I've got some here I'm refoaming. 9-Bs. Cabs are rough, so I may part them out down the road for a friend, if I don't decide to re-veneer 'em. I'm not sure at this time. PM me if you're interested, and I'll keep you posted if I decide to do this.

Mine are like the pic in onepixel's design.

Back
Top Bottom