Rt-2022

No, I don't own one, but I've seen a couple of 2022's and a couple of the 2044's (true 4 channel) on eBay over the last few years. The only thing that drives their prices up is the rarety of them. They are just a step ahead of the 1050's, but from what I have heard, are NOT as nice as an RT-909 that is hooked up to a decent dynamic processor. Which would explain why the RT-909 will sell for more $$$ than this RT-2022 will. Don't get me wrong, if you can pick this up (in this condition) for $300 or less, it's still a good deal. They sold for around $1600 (not the $2700 he mentions) new till 1979, but the RT-909 was still selling in 1984 and still has a 3 to 1 re-sale value over the RT-2022. I do own an RT-1011, RT-1020, RT-707 and an RT-909 and the RT-909 is the best of that bunch. Hope that helps.

Retro

Last edited:
Thanks for the info!

I own a RT-1020L and am very pleased with it.

I`m going to keep an eye on the auction to see how it goes.

Tank

A Hell Of A Rtr

I have one of these, it was the second RTR I bought. I bought it a couple of years ago from my local tech/recording studio/musician. He bought 2 of these brand new in the mid seventies and he said they cost $1500 apiece back then. He kept in in excellent condition and it came with a money back gurantee, if I ever sell it he has first dibs. It came with 2 PR-101 reels, which go for good money by themselves. It sounds great and I imagine if I really got to spend some time with it I would use it more to record at 15 ips. But not long after that I purchased a RT-909 and it displaced the RT-2022 as the RTR of choice in my main system, it resides downstairs hooked up to my SX 1250. The RT-909 has more features I use that the RT-2022 does not have, like the ability to play in both directions and auto reverse. The 909 also takes up less space, weighs a lot less, and looks much better (WAF). I believe the RT-2022 is quite a sleeper performance wise. You just don't see too many of them. If you do decide to get it , remember it is a large and heavy beast. The seller is correct, it is one hell of a machine.

If you have any questions PM or e-mail me

Kim

Back
Top Bottom