RT-909 New case

embrown057

I'm looking for a high quality metal like SS for the top vents. I would prefer small round hole, keep down the dust accumulation. Anyone know where I could acquire a few bits of that material?

Attachments

• rt-909_case 004.JPG
    rt-909_case 004.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 48
  • rt-909_case 002.JPG
    rt-909_case 002.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 45
  • rt-909_case 003.JPG
    rt-909_case 003.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 42
  • rt-909_case 001.JPG
    rt-909_case 001.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 43
home depot might, Ace hardware might and of course you can order perforated sheet metal from any number of vendors. McMasterCarr has it but some pieces are too big to want to purchase for this project. But add in a few Marantz cover sections and you would be there.

Yes, I would like the Small-Particle-Filtering Stainless Steel Perforated Sheets from MM Carr but at 250 that's a bit much for one job. My son has a Marantz 2325 that could use new screen but for that one larger hole dia. would be better. Ace and HD dose not have anything I'm willing to settle with.

I'm looking for a high quality metal like SS for the top vents. I would prefer small round hole, keep down the dust accumulation. Anyone know where I could acquire a few bits of that material?
Nice job on the case.
I get stainless at a local metal fabricating shop they always have small pieces,I buy a 14 sheet at a time 16 gauge stainless it's not cheep, I like 1/16 holes I think it looks the best if their is a metal fabricating shop in your area they can cut the size you need if they have it .
IMG_7145.JPG

Thanks' for the complement on the case but I could never do that kind of work. I can solder ,chew gum and run at the same time but not with wood. One of my friends (customer) and AK member did that case for me. Great suggestions, I'm waiting on a E vendor that has some 347 alloy with .055 hole to get back with me. The size of the vents are longer than his offer but suggests he has stock up to 15.5in.

Back
Top Bottom