Rubber Rejuvenating Kit-The Reel Pro Sound Guys

Looks interesting. I have a Teac AR-40-S that definitely could use that, and the pinch roller on my Aka iGX636 might benefit also.
Reel Pro Sound is located fifty miles down the road from me. They have worked on one of my decks and provided parts for another (not free, of course). I've found them to be reliable, knowledgeable and honest. And their sound system made that old Sony 260 sound great. Kind of wish I hadn't given it to my grandson.

Greetings from RojoLand!

Rubber rejuvenators are a temporary solution at best. No harm to use them, but the real answer is to replace the rubber parts.

(Teac AR-40-S? That should be RA-40S, which is the record preamplifier unit on the A-4010S machine [I have one too]. It is a bit odd that the amplifier's model number is more prominent on the machine than the deck's, which appears on the head cover.)

Take care,

J. E. Knox "The Victor Freak"

Ha! When writing my response it seemed that the model number was 4100 or 4010 - it's been in the closet for a long, long time. It is an A-4010-S. As you say that number is printed on the head cover. AR-40S (I double checked, that is correct) is printed on the bottom edge, which was all that was visible until it was pulled out today.

One of these days I'll have to check it out and see why it's so noisy. Worn bearings or bushings? That's what it sounds like. Other than that it played well when last it was run.

Greetings from RojoLand!

Curious — I just checked mine, and it reads RA- rather than AR-, and so does the photo in the manual and every photo of an A-4010S I've ever encountered. You appear to have an anomaly. Collectors' item? (LOL)

You might be right about the noise. If it's not been serviced in some time, it would be a very good idea.

Apologies to the OP — this discussion has kinda drifted off-topic. Didn't intend to thread-jack.

Take care,

J. E. Knox "The Victor Freak"

Back
Top Bottom