Ruff (matt in oakland)

dfunghi

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
@rufleruf did an amazing job on a Fisher 500B I sent him. This was something I bought as plug and play in great shape but sadly had many issues and plenty of near dead tubes. Between Bryce's tubes and a matched quad of outputs from Matt that was fixed then Matt did all kinds of recapping, cleaning and built an IBAM for it.

I used the Fisher's return to me as the impetus to finally swap out my Signet SL260 speakers for a pair of AR 2AX.

What an amazing set up. I love this and it sounds amazing. Perhaps more so than my main CJPV1- MC2205 > Vandy 3A set up!

Been playing some great Gil Evans (plenty of notes in all ranges) and so far it all sounds almost live. Crisp where it should be and rounded where it needs to be. Next will be some vocals (Ella?) followed by some Bill Evans (no relation).

I can't thank Matt enough. I am not sure if he takes on much work for others as he is loaded with his own gear to work on but well worth the ask if you have some Fisher gear you want to sound amazing.

I had played this set up (using Signets) with same TT (AR ES1 Shure V15 V MR) and it was awful. I thought I must have things out of polarity or some mess but no, it was just bad tubes and a few other electronic messes Matt fixed.

here is a PDF of all Matt did.

Attachments

• 500-B invoice.pdf
    570.6 KB · Views: 4
Let me add that Matt's work was not only very reasonably priced he also used top quality parts. After he was finally satisfied the work was done (although he did leave a couple things for me to do in future when $ and time allows that will make this even better) he hooked it up to listen to for days and weeks to be sure it all held and was as it should be.

AK is so lucky to have folks like Matt (and many others mentioned here by me and others many times) willing to help other members and not just have us thrown to the lions (shops with horrible prices and worse workmanship) as repair shops of repute are becoming less common all the time.

Back
Top Bottom