Run For The Hills!!! King Kong & Godzilla are here!

Question about "Sensor Gain" switch on SX-1980

crooner said:
Congrats on your two new beauties. I was wondering if you've already checked DC offset and idle current on the receivers. Perhaps the subjective musicality of the SX-1980 will improve if it's working to specs. Remember these are class AB designs and you don't want idle current to be too low. DC offset is a very important parameter as well.

Before I forget...Does your SX-1980 have the "Sensor Gain" switch in the back? Just curious...

Enjoy!
crooner

Guys - I've just re-joined the vintage receiver game, having picked up an SX-1250 (being serviced) and an SX-1980 (incredible machine!)

My SX-1980 does indeed have the 'sensor gain' switch mentioned above, but I cannot find ANY documentation related to it or it's function.

Can someone help me out here? What does this switch do, and what is it's presence on the unit indicative of, if anything?

Thanks

Knick

Brian, I collect cameras and among my camera collecting buddies it's a well known fact that once you start taking and admiring photos of the gear you are collecting as if it were in the middle fold of some ????? Magazine you are pretty well toast as far as ever being able to recover.

For an example of what I mean take a look at this thread on Photo.net

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00DnpL

as you will notice a little ways down the page some guy named Mark Wahlster gets totally carried away with showing off his toys.

I warn you behavour like this may be in your future..

I on the other hand am only planing on building one system LOL

OK two I already have one but it's only a little SX-3100 (the early blue display version sold through the military PX's)

THE next one will be a SA-9100 (hopefully to be changed to a SA-9800) And TX-9100 I'm buying from a friend soon.

And yes I'm the Mark mentioned above..........see how sick you can get once you start collecting?

Back
Top Bottom