Rush: A Musical Journey

Got the solution. Bought Hemispheres from Amazon Marketplace and the vendor (Round3 from Decluttr in GA?) sent 2112 instead (!!)
Got a label printed for a free return & refund - not sure if they will ship the right disc instead ...
Not sure if they will issue a refund promptly on arrival.

The remastered 2112 Deluxe with CD and 5.1 DVD I got via ebay is on the way from Illinois -
hopefully I'll have that before the weekend!
(weather reports say cold and rainy - so, no yard work - a listening day for sure!

And thats not it for Round3 from Decluttr - last saturday at a listening party, Steve played the Audiophile FLAC version of Hesitation Marks by Nine Inch Nails via thumbdrive - pretty cool industrial stuff, so I ordered a copy of the Deluxe version of that album from Round3 - the Rush album from them hadn't arrived yet, so why not? Anyway, the NIN album arrived yesterday - but its not the 2 disc Deluxe edition I ordered, but the regular release ...
So far, thats 2 for 2 screwups by them - do NOT use "Round3 from Decluttr" via Amazon marketplace.

Very weird - I have a couple Rush CDs ordered "Kings" and "Hemispheres" via Amazon- plus a deluxe CD/DVD copy of 2112 with 5.1 mix off eBay.
Yesterday I got a regular release of 2112 from some declutter site in GA and I can't for the life of me figure why??
No complaints, but from what I can see, I never paid anyone for it, and I have no record of an order via either firm ...

Mystical Rush stuff!

Last edited:
The remastered 2112 Deluxe with CD and 5.1 DVD I got via ebay arrived today - (good deal at $15)
It was basically cold and rainy all day, no yard work - so a listening day, for sure!

I loaded the 2112 5.1 DVD version in the Oppo and enjoyed that in nice remastered surround sound on UREI Studio monitors and the big TV -
There is comic book (still) artwork on the DVD that is synced to the songs and plays along -
probably won't run that everytime, but it was a hoot!
The CD in the package is also the remastered version and sounds sweet!
(Tho Teddy the cat get perturbed when I have it cranked up and Geddy Lee sings - oh, sad cat) ...

Rush2112-5-1-Surround.jpg

Thanks for all the encouragement, guys!

Vapor Trails

IMG_8826.JPG

Track list:

1. One Little Victory
2. Ceiling Unlimited
3. Ghost Rider
4. Peaceable Kingdom
5. The Stars Look Down
6. How It Is
7. Vapor Trail
8. Secret Touch
9. Earthshine
10. Sweet Miracle
11. Nocturne
12. Freeze
13. Out Of The Cradle

Produced by Paul Northfield, Vapor Trails was Rush's 17th studio album. The album took 14 months to write and record and was released in 2002.

The band members were unhappy with the album and a remixed version was released in 2013.

Rush In Rio

IMG_8838.JPG

Track list:

1. Tom Sawyer
2. Distant Early Warning
3. New World Man
4. Roll The Bones
5. Earthshine
6. YYZ
7. The Pass
8. Bravado
9. The Big Money
10. The Trees
11. Freewill
12. Closer To The Heart
13. Natural Science
14. One Little Victory
15. Driven
16. Ghost Rider
17. Secret Touch
18. Dreamline
19. Red Sector A
20. Leave That Thing Alone
21. O Baterista
22. Resist
23. 2112
24. Limelight
25. La Villa Strangiato
26. The Spirit Of Radio
27. By-Tor And The Snow Dog
28. Cygnus X-1
29. Working Man
30. Between Sun And Moon
31. Vital Signs

The 5th live album from Rush broke with tradition somewhat. Rather than following 4 studio albums with a live album, the fifth "chapter" concludes with a single studio album followed by this live 3 CD set.

Following the listing of the Rush albums, I'll be taking a look at the videos and Rush In Rio will feature there too.

By this stage of Rush's career, many fans were ready to accept the inevitable fact, no matter how unthinkable, that sooner or later the band members would retire and this live album seemed to indicate that the day would come soon. However, there was more to come. Keep following...

Feedback

IMG_8853.JPG

Track list:

1. Summertime Blues
2. Heart Full Of Soul
3. For What It's Worth
4. The Seeker
5. Mr. Soul
6. Seven And Seven Is
7. Shape Of Things
8. Crossroads

Released in 2004, Feedback is a Rush album like no other. The 8 tracks are all cover versions that the members found influential.

While it may not be mainstream Rush, it has the band's signature all over it.

Snakes And Arrows

IMG_8854.JPG

Track list

1. Far Cry
2. Armor And Sword
3. Workin' Them Angels
4. The Larger Bowl
5. Spindrift
6. The Main Monkey Business
7. The Way The Wind Blows
8. Hope
9. Faithless
10. Bravest Face
11. Good News First
12. Malignant Narcissism
13. We Hold On

Snakes And Arrows was the 18th studio album from Rush, released in May, 2007.

Rush had long since dispensed with the limitations of vinyl time limits, so the limited edition (5000 copies) vinyl version was a double album. Also available was a digital MVI version, also limited (to 25000 copies).

Snakes And Arrows Live

IMG_8855.JPG

Track list:

1. Limelight
2. Digital Man
3. Entre Nous
4. Mission
5. Freewill
6. The Main Monkey Business
7. The Larger Bowl
8. Secret Touch
9. Circumstances
10. Between The Wheels
11. Dreamline
12. Far Cry
13. Workin' Them Angels
14. Armor And Sword
15. Spindrift
16. The Way The Wind Blows
17. Subdivisions
18. Natural Science
19. Witch Hunt
20. Malignant Narcissism/ De Slagwerker
21. Hope
22. Distant Early Warning
23. The Spirit Of Radio
24. Tom Sawyer
25. One Little Victory
26. A Passage To Bangkok
27. YYZ

The 6th live album, featuring material recorded at the Ahoy Arena in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.

9 of the 27 tracks were taken from the Snakes And Arrows album, but many of the old favourites were also there.

Clockwork Angels

IMG_8856.JPG

Track list:

1. Caravan
2. BU2B
3. Clockwork Angels
4. The Anarchist
5. Carnies
6. Halo Effect
7. Seven Cities Of Gold
8. The Wreckers
9. Headlong Flight
10. BU2B2
11. Wish Them Well
12. The Garden

Like Snakes And Arrows, Clockwork Angels was produced by Nick Raskulinecz.

The 19th studio album from Rush was released on Anthem in June 2012.

Rumours continue to fly, but it seems likely that Clockwork Angels will be the last studio album from Rush. Compiling this thread has given me the opportunity to look back in some detail over the band's 40 year history and there are truly very few weak spots. Rush was the band with the bottomless well of musical talent, the greatest group in the galaxy, and if, as seems likely, The Garden turns out to be the last studio track, it was a beautiful way to go out.

I've deliberately steered clear of peppering this thread with links to YouTube videos, because they are in the habit of disappearing, but this track is one that shows how to go out with a bang so I'll take the risk.

Thanks for the interest shown in the thread. I'm not finished yet. There's another live album to look at, several videos and some compilations, but as far as the musical journey in the studio goes, we seem to have reached the destination.

Clockwork Angels Tour

IMG_8857.JPG

Track list:

1. Subdivisions
2. The Big Money
3. Force Ten
4. Grand Designs
5. The Body Electric
6. Territories
7. The Analog Kid
8. Bravado
9. Where's My Thing?/Here It Is
10. Far Cry
11. Caravan
12. Clockwork Angels
13. The Anarchist
14. Carnies
15. The Wreckers
16. Headlong Flight
17. Peke's Repose/Halo Effect
18. Seven Cities Of Gold
19. Wish Them Well
20. The Garden
21. Dreamline
22. The Percussor
23. Red Sector A
24. YYZ
25. The Spirit Of Radio
26. Tom Sawyer
27. 2112
28. Limelight
29. Middletown Dreams
30. The Pass
31. Manhattan Project

Rush's 7th live album, released in 2013, features performances from Phoenix, Dallas and San Antonio.

Rush were helped out on this recording by The Clockwork Angels String Ensemble.

Have to admit, this thread got away from me. I had intended waiting until I could get near my computer so that I could do a polished job of the posts, but reality took a hand and I was away from home for most of two months with only a cellphone to post with, so I decided to do the best I could with what I had. Looking back, I feel I could have done a better job, but I notice that there has been some inspiration resulting from the thread, so I'm going to call it good.

This being AudioKarma, the videos are probably somewhat off topic, so I'll simply list them and leave it at that. There is little unknown content therein, but just about every Rush video is worth watching.

All The World's A Stage, as far as I'm able to ascertain, was never released on video.

Exit Stage Left was only released on VHS, LD and DVD. No BluRay version was released.

IMG_8919.JPG

Grace Under Pressure Tour

IMG_8920.JPG

Through The Camera Eye (LD and VHS only)

A Show Of Hands

IMG_8921.JPG

Exit: Stage Left, Grace Under Pressure and A Show Of Hands were also released as a box set called Rush Replay X3

IMG_8922.JPG

Next up was Chronicles, a collection of Rush music videos

IMG_8923.JPG

Rush In Rio was next

IMG_8924.JPG

followed by R30

IMG_8925.JPG

Snakes And Arrows Live was the first release on BluRay

IMG_8926.JPG

Next BluRay saw Rush going back to their roots in Cleveland with Time Machine

IMG_8927.JPG

Next was the magnificent Clockwork Angels Tour

IMG_8928.JPG

And there we have it. The band has been with me for most of my adult life, entertaining and inspiring.

If the thought of life after Rush brings sadness, it also brings triumph. Rush beat the record companies and the critics. They made their music, THEIR way. They cared nothing for the nay-sayers, and left an incredible catalogue. They were inspirational in the lives of many musicians and many fans.

This rediscovery of the band and their music has been interesting to me. I hope it was so to those that followed the posts. Thanks for the interest shown.

serveimage-3.jpeg

And there we have it. The band has been with me for most of my adult life, entertaining and inspiring.

If the thought of life after Rush brings sadness, it also brings triumph. Rush beat the record companies and the critics. They made their music, THEIR way. They cared nothing for the nay-sayers, and left an incredible catalogue. They were inspirational in the lives of many musicians and many fans.

This rediscovery of the band and their music has been interesting to me. I hope it was so to those that followed the posts. Thanks for the interest shown.

View attachment 940378
Thank you for bringing this thread to life and all of the effort it took to make it a good read for us. :beerchug:

Great job Kevin. Always good to learn new things, And there were plenty in this thread. Got hit in the wallet 3 times, After your reminders of what gaps I had to fill in my Rush vinyl collection. Picked up

Vapor Trails--Remix
Power Windows
Hold Your Fire

Again, Thanks for the effort

Came across my 1976 ticket stub from the Rush/Foghat show, too bad it is ripped so that only Foghat appears on the stub. $7.50 for an orchestra seat at The Palladium. You can barely buy a beer in a bar for that in Manhattan these days!

Those were the days. My ticket cost me £6.90 for the Signals concert at Wembley in 1982. I seem to remember that included a 200 mile bus ride.

Back
Top Bottom