Ruth Ellen McDonald (otherwise known as 'mom')

And you have my sincere condolences as well. I don't care how old someone is when loosing a parent, it's like we also lost our protector in life. The only person from the day we where born that we counted on alway. Truth

You are absolutely right. Although I'm not really all alone, I feel that way after loosing my last parent. Thank you for the condolences.

Having a loved one pass is a turning point in one's life. A turning point that one knows will arrive. Despite that knowledge, when the time comes, it hits hard. For the past 16 years I've worked in an industry where I deal with people on their last journey on a day to day basis. It is rarely easy. For anyone involved.

The only thing I ask when my time comes around, is that it is quick. I have assisted in providing for many for whom it has not been quick and their situations break your heart. It must be horrifying for the families. It is tragic to witness from the sidelines.

Glenn of course you have my condolences. It sounds like your Mother didn't linger at the very end. It also sounds like she was in possession of her faculties. I promise you, that is a blessing.

Take heart that your Mother left all of you on good terms. Take heart that she knew that she was loved by you all. Take heart that she lived a good life and has now gone to her rest.

I wish that I could give you a hug Sir.

Having just lost my mom last month I can appreciate what you're going through.
Know that, while she is gone from your world she will live on in your heart and through her good deeds.
Condolences to you as well Sir.

So sad to hear of your Mom's passing, Glenn. Your folks are so lucky that you are with them.

Oh Glen, I'm so very sorry to hear this news my friend. Let me say to all the AK group that never got the chance to meet Glen's folks, you missed out. The very first time I met them, they both made me feel like I was part of the family, and was I hungry, or what could they do for me. I remember the night she went out and braved an ice storm so Glen and I would have Pizza to eat while he helped me (well really I tried to help him) rebuild my AU919. Even heaven will be a much brighter place by Her presence there, which I have no doubt of. I'm only 30 minutes away if you need to get out for awhile Glen, you know the light is always on for ya.

Touches me deeply to hear of your mom's passing. Sending a prayer of comfort to you, family, & friends in this time of loss. May the memories of her bring you peace.

Rome

Back
Top Bottom