RX-V663 won't make any sound...

Chief Pariah

A new friend of mine asked me to look over his V663 that stopped working after ne swapped speakers. It's a fairly sophisticated and complex receiver and he's not familiar with having so many modes and settings. I brought it home, hooked up a pair of Akai LS-301s to the front "A"s and a CD player. Plugged it into a protected power strip. Unit powers on and I can hear relays clicking. Started by selecting the speaker "A", tuner and 2 channel stereo. Nothing. CD...Nothing. Scrolled through multiple setting, moved inputs and speaker outputs several times...Nothing.
Did I miss something, or did he just burn it down?
Thanks...

It's a dual room unit from what I can tell. Have you checked in the setup menu to make sure the main room/zone (usually the "A" speakers) is switched on?

Hello, this is technical support.
I understand your problem.
Have you tried plugging it in and turning it on?

Just did the "reset" in "Advanced Menu" (holding tone control while hitting main zone on) and still no sound.
I guess it's fried?

If there was a serious problem the RX-V would go into protect, shutting down after 2-3 seconds or immediately.
You could check the protection history but it would probably reveal nothing.

I do get sound from the headphone jack.
Suggests possible setup issue, will try and find sm...

Suggest download the owners manual (hifiengine) and work through the troubleshooting section starting page 110
and report back if problem remains

Suggest download the owners manual (hifiengine) and work through the troubleshooting section starting page 110
and report back if problem remains
Did that. Not really a help. Already stuff I had run through several times.
Headphone volume is considerably lower that I would expect. I have to get above -20db for a decent listening level.

Will have a look at the service manual later tonight.

Still think it's a setup issue otherwise amp would have gone into protect.
Have you tried connecting a DVD, the idea being to verify the front speakers...

When trying to play a CD, setup as you would expect, ie, pure direct,,,, list everything that's illumnated on the display, maybe
take hi-res photo

Try running the manual test (tones to all speakers), main menu 8.
Again, just to determing if the amp electronics is ok.

Back
Top Bottom