S.M.S.L. M8 streaming Youtube?

jameswei

I always play itune, but yesterday I wanted to listen to "TRY" by Cobie Calliat but itune didn't have it so I put on Youtube and also play some other music video, about half hour into it, I started hearing a crackling noise. I thought damn there goes the amp, but when I put itune back on everything is fine. Is it the M8 can't support the Youtube video?

There's really no such thing as "YouTube" support. It's just an audio stream from the browser. It all goes through WASAPI.

But I've never had this issue with my M8. Hours of youtube, slingbox, amazon, GTAV.
I know its WASAPI compliant because it doesn't break all the time.

You using the drivers Win 10 provided or the XMOS package from SMSL?

I doubt it goes through WASAPI. Chrome had experimental WASAPI support but it stopped working if memory serves, at least it didn't work last time I tried. It just goes through the default sound device/Direct Sound.

Windows 10 doesn't have actual DriectSound. DirectSound has been emulated since Vista.

Apps may not be WASAPI aware and output to DirectSound...but its still going through WASAPI to get to the sound card.

Windows 10 doesn't have actual DriectSound. DirectSound has been emulated since Vista.

Apps may not be WASAPI aware and output to DirectSound...but its still going through WASAPI to get to the sound card.

That is true. I suppose what I was trying to say that browsers use WASAPI Shared mode behind the scenes which is not bit-perfect and basically functionally equivalent to the now deprecated DirectSound (mixing, resampling, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom