S**t This is sucking

roadie1

I'm enjoying sitting here listening to my MP3 player with some earbuds while looking over the posts here on AK.

Forget the SPECs, forget the Rogue, forget the Advents and Yammies

There's something wrong here............R1:music::yes:

No! You can't enjoy something other than big systems - we forbid it!

JUST KIDDING!!!

If you enjoy it, man, that's the key. No fault there. It's all good!

R1, nuttin' wrong on this end, Frankie Goes to Hollywood "Relax" "War" on right now full-tilt boogie on the Yammie:banana::banana:

Whass-up??

stu

I spend about 7 hours almost every day listening to my cheep MP3 player with $2 earbuds. As background music it is fine.

No! You can't enjoy something other than big systems - we forbid it!

JUST KIDDING!!!

If you enjoy it, man, that's the key. No fault there. It's all good!

You've caught on fast...It's all good! TY!...............R1:music::yes:

Hey - when the family goes beddy bye - the Grados come out, the ipod lights up and my wine glass tilts...not a bad way to go really.

Unauthorized music reproduction equipment must be destroyed.
images

Seriously though, my first "wow, this sounds amazing moment" was with a little Sony MD player, a pair of SR-80s and a little bit of King Crimson (In 196kbps no less).

Theres always something to be said for enjoying the music, not the equipment.

R1, I really didn't think I would enjoy an mp3 player, and so never bought one.

Due to onepixel's generosity at Halloween, I now have one of the "stick-of-gum" ipods. I use it a lot more than I thought I would, it is great to have tunes handy in my pocket! :music:

Personally, I like playing "ipod roulette" - I let it load itself randomly, and set the playback to random. (And unlike radio, I can skip a song if I'm just not in the mood... :) )

Last edited:
Well, isn't this site supposed to be about All Audio . No Attitude? I'm glad you are enjoying your tunes on your MP3 player! What difference does it make what you listen to your music on, as long as you are enjoying it! Hey, I even got off on listening to some south of the border guitar music on my computer's Altec Lansing 5.1 speaker system one night! Of course having a few glasses of the fruit of the vine might have had an influence in that situation. :D

Well.......

New research is showing that I-POD (did I spell that acronym right?) Type aparatus Do "eventuell" cause PERMANENT (as irreparable) ear damage.....

If that is any consolation for you guys whom are only jealous because you do not have one....:tears::D

New research is showing that I-POD (did I spell that acronym right?) Type aparatus Do "eventuell" cause PERMANENT (as irreparable) ear damage.....

OLD research shows that ALL audio equipment, if used incorrectly, will cause hearing damage. Crank it up while you can still hear it... or use common sense and listen for the rest of your life. :music:

It is about expectations. I'm sure if you heard the same level of sound quality coming from a room full of Krell/Wilson (or anything yoou'd care to substitute) you'd probably vomit. If you had the same quality coming from a crystal radio you'd probably think you died and gone to heaven. As for MP3/i-pods, etc. like a cassette, 7" reel, elcassette, 4-track, 8-track, etc. it works in the right place under the right conditions to provide entertainment.

I use my iPod or old Sony D141 discman quite a lot still. Nothing wrong with private listening, especially when you're on the go! I can't use earbuds though, my right ear just won't hold any :).

I was an anti-iPod, anti-earbud guy, too, until I got my wife some Yuin earbuds for her iPod and heard the difference it made. Now I've got an iPod of my own ...

Yup !!

It is about expectations. I'm sure if you heard the same level of sound quality coming from a room full of Krell/Wilson (or anything yoou'd care to substitute) you'd probably vomit. If you had the same quality coming from a crystal radio you'd probably think you died and gone to heaven. As for MP3/i-pods, etc. like a cassette, 7" reel, elcassette, 4-track, 8-track, etc. it works in the right place under the right conditions to provide entertainment.

Still use my WalkPerson with cassettes and my portable disc player. Whenever I can, I plug in the Alesandro headphones instead of the cheapies. But I ain't tak'in those on the road to get nicked :no: SO, sometimes it comes down to what works in the situation :music:

Back
Top Bottom