SA 5500 II and SX-535 channel issues

Barbon

It was suggested I post in this prticular forum (i had already posted in solid state) but thought maybe this would be a better place

The 5500 has static in the left channel at any volume, and even with nothing plugged into the inputs. I've deoxied it and it doesn't seem to do much if anything.

The 535 I bought yesterday to replace the 5500 from a local guy, and it worked great until this morning when I went to play a record and the right channel had tons of static and crackling, but it was fading in and out, and is only present on the phono setting. Again I deoxied and nothing changed.

So, I want to repair one or both of these units because I love the sound and look, and I'm also quite broke from buying them and then having them crap out on me, and then buying another receiver and rinse and repeat, you get it.

I have no knowledge on safely handling capacitors, transformers etc, and I don't know how to read schematics. I can solder on the amateur level, like splicing some wires together, or putting a transistor or resistor in, but other than that I know nothing about safety or how to even attempt to troubleshoot these receivers. I do have a multi-meter though and I've used it enough to know a little bit about how it works.

Sorry for the copy paste but figured i’d get more visibility here and since nothing has changed since i made my previous post why change it

Back
Top Bottom