sa 7500 220V

orsen

Jukebox Hero
Subscriber
picked this up today
but the cord is missing what type is it [ its 3 prong but not like a computer cord]
is there a chance it can be wired as is for 120? or do i need a step down tranny?

i havnt opened it
thanks

it depends in what country it was sold, as there are different standards. you can use the plug that suits your location. if it is labeled 220 and no other voltages on the back your stuck with a external stepdown or you can try and find a used replacement internal transformer that suits your needs

Look on the back panel for a ROUND STICKER. IT will have either a 2 letter group or a 3 letter group. Correlate the group with what's in the picture. That will tell you quickly what the transformer is capable of and whether a stepdown or change of transformer is mandated, or if internally changing the wiring for the correct voltage will do the trick.

ScreenHunter_94 Aug. 14 23.36.jpg

there is no sticker, other than "passed"
hopefully i can open it tonight and see whats in there
i have a couple old pioneers kicking around,so maybe possible donor parts

thanks for the info

ok
so i opened it up
there are no unused leads :(
now before i spend much on this, i'd like to ensure it works
can i not use the outlet for the electric dryer? it is 220-240V
this i can jury rig
since i dont have the proper cord, this will have to be changed to some thing that fits the amp, like a computer cord and socket [ if the amp works ]
i dont see too much hassle with this, hopefully i can find something locally that will fit the mounting holes

big question
havnt looked at schematic yet. but is it safe to assume the output voltages of the EU tranny to be the same as U.S. models ?
if so i probably have a tranny that will fit\work. will have to measure a bunch junkers
i really didnt want to mess with the wire wraps but on the power supply side i guess its not a big deal
tia

well you could but its not to good to run the power supply over voltage. you could get away with it for a while on 230 but what is actually at your 220-240 outlet voltage wise? by the way the 3 variations of that set for input voltage have there own SPECIFIC transformers att-226,227 and 228. i mention the actual wall voltages as they vary a lot depending on what part of the country you live in. it was 110 when i was a kid in illinois then went to 115 and when i was in hawaii it was 120 and double those figures for 220-240 connection.it can also dip during the day as usage and line drop go up. i wouldnt run it on 240. you do have a dim bulb tester dont you? that 220-240 stuff can be quite dramatic if the thing has a problem you dont know about.

Back
Top Bottom