SA-7500 differential pair issues.

They are know to be ticking time bombs. If the BE junction is failing, it will affect Q1 and the operation of the differential amplifier.

I see.

Good news guy's, I swapped the 2SC1451's and now the left channel is good with the 2SA970's I put in it. I guess it was the 1451 all along... Wonder why it worked for two days with the 992's and only for a few minutes with the 970's

Man, electronics are wierd. I'll get some KSC3503's on order now hopefully they'll be here within the week. Any specific suffix I should go with?

Well guy's, I pulled one of the 1451's out of my SX-737 and put it in my 7500 since I'm going to replace them both in both units and all is well so far, gonna reset the DC offset and bias after a few minutes.

As long as you're going to be right there, replace the trimmers (VR1/2) and sleep better.

As long as you're going to be right there, replace the trimmers (VR1/2) and sleep better.

I already replaced them with two pairs of Bourns 3386F Series trimmers. I like the 3386F trimmers for Pioneers because their lead spacing allows them to fit perfectly in the factory Pioneer holes. I also replaced VR3/4. Trimmers are cheap enough and it's extra reliability.

I always suggest to put some glue on the leads/covers for the STK diodes, where they enter the package = cheap insurance.
Also good to have ksc3503 and its complement ksa1381 in your stash, as they are used on so many units.

I always suggest to put some glue on the leads/covers for the STK diodes, where they enter the package = cheap insurance.
Also good to have ksc3503 and its complement ksa1381 in your stash, as they are used on so many units.

Yeah, i'll definitely be buying a few of these in bulk.

More progress, The KSC3503's came in so I go them matched up and installed. All seems good in the neigborhood now. Thanks for the help guy's, I'll definitely be replacing those dastardly 2sc1451's In all the guy I own and acquire in the future. Just gotta pick up the re-cap where this guy left off, all the sub 10µF caps in the power supply he never replaced and on the Phono pre amp.

DSC_1772.JPG

I spent a while with my... precision adjustment tool... straightening the chassis out. Looks like someone dropped it at some point because the transformer was pushed up and the bottom panel is all crumpled. I also had to re adjust the front panel frame which was twisted.

Back
Top Bottom