Sa-8800

approse

Got to looking at this amp which is a "nice example" and Mostly working.....
can anyone comfirm my suspicion that the lower tier of knobs are actually SX knobs? :scratch2: All the x800 series tuners and amps I've come across have had a much different knob (fine grooves 180 degrees apart) on an otherwise smooth knob. The seller makes no mention of any knob differences.... :no:

Ron

Hard to tell for certain sure from those photos, but those seem to be the same knobs as my SA-9800 amp, so I'd guess those were the original knobs -- Foe

The lower knobs don't look like they are from a SX-xx50 series or SX-xx80 for that matter. But the speaker selector look like the knob from a Sansui G series receiver.

Ron

the big volume knob seems to be the only 'original' SA-8800 knob on this amp. The knobs on my 9800 have all the same styling, only different size!
Helmut

The volume knob is the ONLY origional !

The 2 knobs on the cartridge load could be from some Pioneer SX-X50. The others are no Pioneer. :no:
SA-8800 and SA-9800 have the same knobs. SA-9800 has two more turnover schwitches + a dimmer puschbuttom.

Siamac

Last edited:
They could be different. I'm having trouble making out what the knobs in the picture are -- Foe

Hey Foe... your eyes getting old to eh? :D

It sure looked to me like the volume was the only original also... the bottome ones if they aren't of a SX model, I'm not debating the point, they certainly looked like a "spline" such as the older sa8100, sa9100 had on them. I guess I wanted to make at least a little noise if I was right so noone from here would unknowingly get ripped by this sale! :no:

Thanks for all the input.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom