Sa-9500

BroonsBane

raisn em up waxin em down
Hey all. I will be getting an SA-9500 after Christmas and was wondering from those that have had one in the past or currently own one, what your impressions are. Seems to be a little power house i'm getting!

I'd say you have a treat in store! I'm listening to my SA-8500 right now. Powerful amp, nice phono section, rugged good looks, solid aluminium knobs.
The SA-9500 is next level up at 80 WPC. For more info, look at the silverpioneer site.
sa-9500-2.jpg

Cheers,

- Harald

I recently scored an SA-9500 II... but have yet to give her a workout. I do know she's got twin power supplies, hefty. :yes:

Hefty

Yup, looks hefty alright. Any ideas what changes they made to the 9500 with the 9500II series?
I could have this amp in a few days but i'm leary to have Canada Post handle it through the ultra busy holiday season mailing frenzy. :worried:

I've got an SA-9500 that I bought from Toasted Almond, along with a TX-9500 Tuner and SG-9500 Equalizer. I'm using that set up with a pair of Polk Monitor 7's and I'm here to tell you that they are all a match made in Heaven!

Retro

I run an SA-9500 in the front room powering a pair of MACH Ones and a pair of HPM-200’s. Has more than enough power! Sounds great after $150 worth of repairs.
The only downside if any would be the stepped volume. I have an SG-9800 Eq and RG-2 Expander running thru the mains and when you go from step 1 up to three it gets really LOUD! Maybe not such a bad thing? Step 2 is not usually loud enough depending on the input(LP,CD,Cassette?). It goes from moderate to Loud real quick. I think I need to play with the db levels on the Eq. It will definitely crank out some awesome sound and really can annoy the neighborhood! Love It!! I think you will too! :thmbsp:

Excellent!

I'm into bugging the neighbours...my sweet sweet revenge for their technofunky dance crap and Britney what a twit I am Spears etc etc. I have gobs of power now as it is but it's always fun to ad another into the mix :yes:

I have a SA-9500 that I use as a preamp, it's driving a PL400 right now.
I will not part with it.

Love to get a Spec2 or SAE 2500-2600 (even though it doesn't match).

I know. This one will be a keeper i'm sure. I have a chance at a Spec-2 but the guy is asking a fair piece of change for it. Hopefully I can get him down.

Back
Top Bottom