SA-9900 Output transistors + Refurb help

Very good. I would now turn the +/- 58V down to around +/- 50V and remove the DBT. Once on full power, make your final adjustments to +/- 58V.

Well done indeed Sajjad, patience & perseverance paid off :jump:

To LesE & Jerry's TV as well, useful & interesting to follow your troubleshooting technique, thanks :thumbsup:

hello all...I picked up one of the beauties for $0.00...but it was DOA, massive main filter cap leakage, no other "Obvious" signs of trouble (yet) but it does not power up...Starting with new filter caps and a rebuild of the PS boards and go from there...this thread was a god sent...

well the initial inspection shows some issues...nothing in the way of blown fuses but the main filter caps are shot and have leaked...the PS (AWR070) has been hacked upon...some transistors have been replaced and the traces have been royally screwed (on leg of several transistors can be moved thru the board and the trace moves with them) parts for this board were ordered and have arrived so I guess its time to dig in for a total board rebuild. repairing those screwed traces could be interesting, I may have to desolder the wire pins to gain proper access to the foil side of this beast...I will try to unbundle some of the wires to see if I can get a bit more slack...pulling the bad main filters will also give me some more room.

Back
Top Bottom