1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Saba MI 215 amp repair--anyone know subs for BDV93 and BDV94 transistors?

Discussion in 'DIY' started by EastPoint, Jun 18, 2017.

1. EastPoint

EastPoint AK Subscriber Subscriber

i have a Saba MI 215 integrated amp with a blown channel, and it needs 4 output transistors for it--two BDV93 and two BDV94. I found the NTE390 and NTE391 through cursory Google search--are those likely to work as replacements?

2. jdurbin1

jdurbin1 Tandberg enthusiast Subscriber

Maybe, but NTE isn't necessarily the best choice.

I saw a couple of different sources that cite the TIP33C and TIP34C as being good replacements for those original Philips transistors. Should be able to find these new from a reliable distributor, looks like OnSemi still offers those and possibly SGS Thomson or ST Micro do as well.

John

3. Alan0354

Alan0354 Super Member

Or, if heatsink and space can allow, look into transistors with TO-3P package and bend the pin in a little. YOu have a lot more choices. Choices are very limited for TO-218 package.

4. EastPoint

EastPoint AK Subscriber Subscriber

There's a seller on eBay with the original BDV93/94 transistors, but they were pretty expensive, so I got a bunch of the TIP33C and 34C and will let you know how those work out.