**Sacramento Vintage Audio Festival Thread**

Sad to say I missed this as I am tied up with a 1 week old baby girl. Had it been closer to home maybe I could have gotten away for an hour or two. Sounds like it was a great time.

I'm guessing it was a blast! Will make the next one for sure. Hey, How'd the L19's do? Rick, Thanks for moving them for me. Hopefully the EQ was a decent door prize!

Thanks!

Big thanks to Duff and everyone for bringing all the great gear to the meetup. I had a great time....

Way to go Duff! Thanks for all the work putting this together

Enjoyed the day; Many thanks to tcdriver and onepixel for including me in their Bay-to-Delta carpool. Heard some very nice gear, met some very nice folks; if you weren't there, ya shoulda been...

Much thanks to Rick for organizing and making this event happen. I had a helluva great time! It was great putting a face to a name and talking to some truely wonderful people. And thanks Rick for that sweet Sansui CDP. I thought my all Sansui rack was finally complete. Until I saw Rob's donation of a reverb! lol!

It was very interesting listening to 6+ different systems all at once, getting louder and louder competing for some play time. Joyce (jmcrt) wins! lol! No one had a chance against her big Kliscph! All her tube gear was gorgeous and sounded wonderful!

Once everything settled down we took turns introducing ourselves and the gear and demo'd some music. I was very impressed on how so many disaparate systems could sound so good! First up was wiredbacker, his name eludes me at the moment (my apologies) had some vintage Pioneer speakers that never impressed me that much in the past. His 1.5 wpc tube amp with those speakers made my jaw drop. Holy Cow!

I have Large Advents but never realized it could sound that good. Terry (TSmith8605) had it dialed in with his MAC 1500.

Cary showed off his handy work on his SEX (Bottlehead tube amp that is) made those JBLs sing.

Thanks Larry (Bentpencil) for the roach clips.. I mean hemostats and Lead Test Kits for everyone.

Thanks Dan (Ballylongford) for the big pile of vinyl and Tim (tcdriver) for the good company on the drive over.

Thanks Rob (robisme) for the use of your cooler!

Thanks for everyone who donated all that stuff! And thanks for all the other great folks for a great time. I can't wait till the next one!

Carl

Pictures 1

Here are pictures from the Sacramento Video Audio Festival (SVAF).

Here's Bryan (Bhamm), Leo and his friend, and Chris looking very serious.
attachment.php

Here's Tim (TCDriver) doing a dance for everyone.
attachment.php

Tim and Carl (onepixel) explaining Carl's ADS Marantz system.
attachment.php

Carl's Marantz and Rob's Sansui receivers.
attachment.php

Rob (Robisme), Samir (Parabellum) , Chris (WIREDBECKER), Mike (Wineslob), Elliott (bentpencil's son, and others listening to Cary's system.
attachment.php

Attachments

• SVAF 01.jpg
    SVAF 01.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 284
  • SVAF 02.jpg
    SVAF 02.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 281
  • SVAF 03.jpg
    SVAF 03.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 282
  • SVAF 04.jpg
    SVAF 04.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 282
  • SVAF 05.jpg
    SVAF 05.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 278
Great photos, looks like all had a great time, and wish I was there!

Any chance you can add the AK user name to the first name in the captions, Rick? It is always nice to be able to link a face to the AK user.
Thanks! :thmbsp:

Pictures 2

Here's Cary playing his 2 watt SEX tube amp with his JBL L19's. After listening to his system we all wanted more SEX! :yes:
attachment.php

Here's a picture of Carl's Cary tube pre-amp and his Marantz quad amp with ADS L8e and one of Rob's JBL L100's.
attachment.php

More of Rob's system with his Sansui speakers. Member Ed was the lucky one to take those bad boys home. :yikes:
attachment.php

Here's Dan's (Ballylongford's) system. He'll need to comment on what the gear is.
attachment.php

And Chris's 3/4 watt tube amp with some Pioneer speakers. Less than one watt never sounded so good.
attachment.php

Attachments

• SFAV 10.jpg
    SFAV 10.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 329
  • SVAF 09.jpg
    SVAF 09.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 269
  • SVAF 08.jpg
    SVAF 08.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 269
  • SVAF 07.jpg
    SVAF 07.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 272
  • SVAF 06.jpg
    SVAF 06.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 279
Thanks for setting up the meet, Rick. I enjoyed meeting everyone and listening to all the different rigs. It's always fun to see/hear what other people put together. :thmbsp:

Pictures 3

Here's a picture of members listening to Joyce's (JCMJRT) system with Mac monoblock tube amps and Klipsch Cornwall speakers. That's the metal meister himself, Carl (CarlV) on the right and Larry (bentpencil) sitting down in front. Also in the picture from L to R are Cary, Elliott, Tim, Leo and Friend, Samir, Carl, and Rob. This system rocked but I don't have a picture of it.
attachment.php

Here's Mike's (Wineslob) Lafayette tube amp, this sucker weights about 70 pounds.
attachment.php

Here's another picture of Cary's setup.
attachment.php

Here's Terry's (TSmith) Mac 1500 with Large Advents. It sounded sweeeeet. :yes:
attachment.php

And here's a picture of me (Duffinator) listening to Rob's (Robisme) Sansui speakers. That's John, a friend of my neighbor Ricky's (member rchcah)standing next to me.
attachment.php

Attachments

• SVAF 11.jpg
    SVAF 11.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 277
  • SVAF 12.jpg
    SVAF 12.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 324
  • SVAF 13.jpg
    SVAF 13.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 264
  • SVAF 16.jpg
    SVAF 16.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 261
  • SVAF 15.jpg
    SVAF 15.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 264
The event was a lot of fun and I especially enjoyed meeting everyone. I want to thank everyone for attending and especially onepixel, wineslob, bentpencil and his son Elliott for helping out with the event. We had approximately 30 people attend and there were enough proceeds left over for a small donation for AK. I also want to thank everyone for donating door prizes and Grumpy for providing the AK t-shirts. And yes Needforspeed your JBL's did just fine. :thmbsp:

There were a few items of gear that I didn't take pictures of including Gene's (Geno) pristine Sansui AU-9500. He's the original owner and it looked like it just came out of the box. Several people had LP's for sale and some other items but this was not a big seller's market.

On the demographics there were six people from the Sacramento are and four others from the valley and all others were from the Bay Area.

The event was a lot of fun and I especially enjoyed meeting everyone. I want to thank everyone for attending and especially onepixel, wineslob, bentpencil and his son Elliott for helping out with the event. We had approximately 30 people attend and there were enough proceeds left over for a small donation for AK. I also want to thank everyone for donating door prizes and Grumpy for providing the AK t-shirts. And yes Needforspeed your JBL's did just fine. :thmbsp:

There were a few items of gear that I didn't take pictures of including Gene's (Geno) pristine Sansui AU-9500. He's the original owner and it looked like it just came out of the box. Several people had LP's for sale and some other items but this was not a big seller's market.

On the demographics there were six people from the Sacramento are and four others from the valley and all others were from the Bay Area.

Nice job Rick. Thanks for setting up the fest. This event happened because you organized it and did the work needed. Much appreciated.

I also enjoyed meeting everyone and listening to all the systems. Great fun.

And thanks to those who donated prizes.

Dan (Ballylongford), be patient, another MAC1500 will come along for you. :yes:

I'd like to thank everyone who made this a possibility. Yes, even Rick. (Duff) :D It was fun to hear many of the speakers/electronics from the time when I was just getting into audio.
Again, a big hats off to Duff and everyone that made the effort to show up and make it a reality. (I cant imagine what it took to bring Cornwalls!)
I'm looking forward to next year, and bringing my own electronics. :tongue:

It was very cool hanging out with you guys yesterday. Many thanks to the organizers. I haven't posted here at all up until today so I guess I'll formally introduce myself in the Intro section later on today and post some pics of my gear.

Again, very cool hanging out with you and hopefully next time I'll bring some of my own gear as well.

Thanks

Thanks Duffinator for putting this all together. It must have been a lot of work for you and we all appreciate it. Thanks onepixel and ballylongford for the good company coming and going to the event.

Oh and thanks for letting some of us into your house afterwards and listen to your Duffy DIY Special speakers. You did a excellent job and I love the way they sound. Especially the bottom end.

Oh and thanks for letting some of us into your house afterwards and listen to your Duffy DIY Special speakers. You did a excellent job and I love the way they sound. Especially the bottom end.
Thanks. Next time I'll play music with some deep bass in it. :D

Well, I was so impressed w/the sound of all of those tube amps I decided to try a pair:
http://gon4.audiogon.com/i/c/f/1204505036.jpg

Im getting these on a trade...anyone know anything about them? I dont have any speakers to run them on but thought these would be good to try on my friend John's Klipschs. I may try these as a bi-amp to the mids and uppers on my NHT Classic Fours. Wow...what have I done! lol

Regards,
Ricky

Back
Top Bottom