Samsung subwoofer PS-WBD12__

penkosey

Just mild curiosity here.

I wandered into a GoodWill today and noticed a glossy black Samsung subwoofer for 15 bucks. It looks a little scratched/scuffed up. I'm not familiar with these and just wondered if, for the price, it was worth grabbing, or if it's just Black Plastic Crap.

It has a port on the front bottom, and a little woofer on the back (maybe 6"...not sure). Has some little clip speaker inputs.

The sticker on the back reads PS-WBD1200, 1220, 1250, 1252, 1255. No idea which model it is.

I can't tell if this thing has some kind of amp inside it, or if your receiver drives it.

It's not something I really need, but if this is a good deal, I wouldn't mind having it around to perhaps supplement some computer desk audio, or whatever. I'm definitely not expecting anything audiophile or high-end out of it, but I wondered if it was decent for the price.

Looks something like this:

017-10.jpg

019-10.jpg

It was originally part of an HTIB and apparantly depended on an external power amp and crossover, probably in he main control unit. . If you have a way to provide a crossover and power then it might be worth a few pennies but I wouldn't expect too much from it.

Aaaaah, gotcha. I didn't know it needed a crossover, makes sense though, being orphaned from the original system.

Omg that speaker is great. I have one in my room along with two others and it is so good for a little woffer that it is. Highly recommend it to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom