Sandy G....

Sandy G

Retired Member
Hello there, I'm Sandy G., & I don't really know much about all this stereo stuff. I LOVE my Bose Waveradios-I have one in each room so I can always have that GREAT Bose sound...
Uhh, yeah, right. I don't hold audio as near & dear as some of these guys here do, my "Thaing" is/are old radios & TVs. One hobby of mine is collecting & fooling with "boatanchors"- generally, ex-military tube shortwave receivers. They are big, ponderous radios w/a multiplicity of tubes-but the better ones, like the R-390 series, give performance that's seldom equalled today. Also into TVs...TVs are supposed to live 4 or 5 years, then die & you get another one, right ? I'm glad a lot of people thought that way back in the '40s, '50s, & '60s, so WE can have all these neat TVs today...
On a personal note, I just celebrated my 50th birthday back in June, I have a fiance', Lauriann, who lives w/me & works at the VA hospital in Johnson City, Tennessee. I graduated from McCallie School in Chattanooga in '75, & University of Richmond, Virginia in '79. My parents, Winnie & Henry, are still alive, & I have a 4-yr younger sister, Mary Lou. No kids, but I DO have a little "girlfriend", Bethany, whom I couldn't love any more if she were my own child. She's the niece of an ex-G/F, & I've enjoyed trying to be a positive influence in her life, or at least be the "mad Uncle" that every kid needs...Into cars, I have several '60s "suicide-door" Lincolns, & my daily vehicle is a Ford Excursion, AKA "The Mighty Valdez".

I cannot let this post go without a response...IMMEDIATELY!

Glad you're here you ol' sarcastic, imaginative, Valdez drivin', boat-anchor listenin' Spiteful ol' Cuss!

...and a Bose-Man to boot.

Well, I for one enjoy your posts, and have a suppressed passion to resto a 62 lincoln that has been in a junkyard I used to have access to for 20 years. all the parts are there and the suicide doors are just the coolest thing ever. The owner of the junkyard was not interested in selling the contents, just complying with regulations... I did manage to wrestle a 82 C-10 away, but that Kennedy Car is still sitting there to this day.

Sandy G,
Nice meeting you through your intro. I have enjoyed your posts as they are always pleasant and welcoming. Nice hobbies that you have.

Best regards,

Vito

Some time back I was using a picture of our first dollhouse as an avatar. Sandy was the first, heck maybe the only one, to comment on it. Since then we have become friends who have yet to meet. Spiteful old cuss my Aunt Fanny.

Spiteful old cuss my Aunt Fanny.
I'm not sure why you decided to denigrate poor Aunt Fanny in Sandy's thread, but it turns out Sandy's one of the pillars of the AK community, and we're very glad to have him here... even if he is hard to find.

I ain't hard to find..Most people think I've wore out my welcome here LONG time ago...about 12,395 posts ago...

Darn, how did I miss this one? If you look up "Good Guy" in Webster's, they have Sandy's picture there. He unknowingly helped me learn how to 3 finger type by my trying to keep up with him way back when in the "Last Post Wins" thread. For the record, I think boat anchors are cool as heck. :thmbsp:

Darn, how did I miss this one? If you look up "Good Guy" in Webster's, they have Sandy's picture there. He unknowingly helped me learn how to 3 finger type by my trying to keep up with him way back when in the "Last Post Wins" thread. For the record, I think boat anchors are cool as heck. :thmbsp:

And for the record, "Last Post Wins" threads are TEDIOUS AND BORING.

Think I've figgered out how to make my fortune, after reading Henry's intro. Every Canadian I've run across has been a sterling character, fine fellow, prince of a guy, right ? Well, they need to import me up there as a Perfect Example of a Son-Of-A-Bitch. We could charge them a couple bucks apiece to come see what one looks like, I could sit there & insult them, fart, flick boogers, moon 'em, you know, all the stuff they'd never DREAM of doing. I figger I'd be rich in a couple of years..."Mommy, Mommy, let's go see the Son-Of-A-Bitch !! I've raked the yard, swept the sidewalk, & put up my toys...How about it, huh, Mommy ?"

It was a pleasure to have met you Sandy. T'was the Ak Fest prior to this year's good time. I hope to see you at the next one you country boy hillbilly. :D

Back
Top Bottom