Sansui 1000 Weak Channel, please help. Texas Repair Person needed

I have a Sansui 1000 that was completely restored about 18 months ago and sounded glorious. It did have a slight hum to it, however, that a friend of mine felt was louder than it should be and convinced me to have it looked at. The hum was subtle, but there and I just chalked it up to a tube amp humming a bit... I took it to a local tech to look at and when I got it back, one of the channels started cutting in and out. Now one channel is strong and the other is just really weak, barely any sound coming out of it. I'm not sure what happened but I do know I love this thing and want it repaired.

That's is what brings me to my issue, I'm having a difficult time finding anyone in Austin, TX who has the unique skill set to work on this. I'm getting the "Sorry but I don't work on those receivers" from some local techs. I travel for work and can bring this to a competent tech in the greater Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio area also.
Anyone run across this issue before? Anyone have a guess as to what may be going on? Anyone know of a tech in Texas who could repair this for me?

Thank you for the help, it is greatly appreciated!

Is the 1000 a tube amp or a solid state? QRX Retore.com May be able to help they are in Eugene Oregon if so you would need to ship contact Justin, I have used them on other Sansui gear shoot him a e-mail. Ken

Found the original guy who recapped my Sansui 1000 and he fixed the issue. Sounded like it was one wire that was touching another and cutting the channel in and out. He had it identified and fixed within an hour. Fired it back up and it sounds wonderful!

Sansui 74. The 1000 was a 1 year tube unit that was morphed into the 1000A. 1964 Model Year. 25e5 output's with series'ed heaters on the output's from the AC Line. Top Plate connectors on the outputs. The 1000A used 7591's and was/is somewhat similar in circuit to the FISHER 800C. 1000 put out approx 25WPC the 1000A approx 40wpc. Actually if you de-rated them to output about 70 to 80% of Max dissipation about 18W(1000) to about 25-28WPC for the 1000A.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom