1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Sansui 1000A biasing scheme

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by gkargreen, Oct 9, 2018.

1. gkargreen

gkargreen Active Member

I have added 10 ohm cathode resistors so that I can adjust the cathode current via the IBAMs that are a part of the g1 circuit and wondering what kind of value I should be seeing (voltage) across the 10 ohm resistors. Thanks!

Please register to disable this ad.

2. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

With 470-V to 480V on the plates you should see 32 to 33ma or so. That will give you around 15W to 15-1/4W per tube. Within the 80th percentile.

Do the same thing for this as a Fisher, except the Sansui's plate Voltage is higher so the bias ma needs to be slightly lower to get the same wattage on the 7591's.

3. gkargreen

gkargreen Active Member

Thanks again, Larry! I was thinking about the same, right now I am seeing around 18 ma on each of the tubes as measured across the newly installed cathode current resistors, so I guess I need to adjust the IBAMs on this set. BTW, this thing sounds amazing now that I have restored it, although until I got ALL the caps replaced (except for the 4-section can in the front) I was having balance problems. This receiver is probably one of the clearest-sounding tube pieces I have ever had on my bench!