Sansui 1000a or HH Scott 299C

I see the Chicago CL has a Fisher KX-200. I restored one and to be blunt hated it and actually the worst of the 7591's I owned. The other one I restored was a Eico ST70 which was a nice amp. I'm going to interject another opinion. Do you need the 7591 power. If not I've found for me a 6BQ5 amp is a much more musical sounding amp and the Pilot 602 I restored was amazing with the best sound stage of any amp or receiver I've ever owned and one I wish I still had. One of the few times in listening where the wife and I sat there slack jawed in awe of the sound washing over us. The Pilot was also loaded with Telefunken and Bugle Boy which didn't hurt but I also ran Telefunken's, Mullards, Bugle Boys, RCAs in my amps.
So look for the 6bq5/el84 combo?
Will do.
Thanks
I have to say, my Scott 222 (el84) never fails to disappoint and there are times I prefer it over my LK-72 (7591) when used with sensitive speakers. It is highly musical and dynamic and is just plain fun to listen to. With your Khorns an el84 based tube amp just might be the ticket.

The Scott is the better of the two. I've owned both and both were restored, and while the Sansui is a nice unit, the Scott sound is warmer to my ears. I sold my 1000A and kept the Scott.

Back
Top Bottom