Sansui 1000A output transformer impedance?

Vatron

Would someone please tell me what the impedance of the Sansui 1000A integrated output transformers are?

Thanks

Norris Wilson

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for the impedance information on the 1000A transformers.

I have had this 1000A setting around for a year now, I bought it unheard with the promise of it functioning properly if I replace a cracked tube. Well, the cracked tube has turned into needing a new quad of 7591's and several of the other tubes are really tired, also the coupling caps are leaking. So, I am undesided what to do with it at this time. The cost of a retube and new coupling caps will run into alot of cash for a 1000A that is on the rough side.

I was thinking about trying to use the output transfomers with the www.diytube.com ikeclone circuit boards, possibly using EL34 output tubes.

I really needed to know what the impedance of the transformers were to see what circuit they could be mated with.

If you have any suggestions about a good amplifier circuit for this iron, I am all ears.

Thanks again

Norris Wilson

EL-34s would work fine. That gives you dozens of circuits to choose from! I'm kinda partial to circuits with low-mu octal tubes like 6SN7 (which happens to be cheap, readily available and low distortion). Examples include Heath W-4 and Eico HF-89. I think you can google the schematics. Good luck!

BTW, I have a Sansui 1000 (not the A). Great-sounding piece, but with odd output tubes: 25E5, IIRC. You don't find this in your typical tube caddy.

Back
Top Bottom